• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagining old Rose actually telling that part of the story... "and then he hit the propeller and went BOING!" Totally makes sense that you remember funny like that all your life.

Imagining an old lady telling the crew of the research boat about her steamy handprint on the car window while she was getting pumped by Leo DiCaprio.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still not sure if this scene was SUPPOSED to be funny or not. Like, the Decepticons straight up murder what was ostensibly one of the good guys, but the entire theater was laughing.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh it is definitely up there. It distracts from what is supposed to be a heavy and horrifying scene.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The man called himself Deep Wang, how was it supposed to be serious?
Because he was technically a comic relief character, one who was technically trying to help the hero, and one who was then murdered with a violent death. Like, it's not like in some cases where the person killed had it coming or we were meant to dislike them.

It's the equivalent of horrifically murdering Bulk and Skull in Power Rangers or something. And doing it for laughs.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Since Titanic and Deep Blue Sea were already mentioned, another one for me is Yasuaki Shindo's death in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. I always found it funny how one minute he is having a moment with Godzilla, then Godzilla just lights him up.

That Godzilla through the window show is so creepy. Cause he is not dumb. Godzilla knows what he does.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't stop laughing for a couple minutes at the cinema.

See, the whole scene is fucking over-the-top but there is tension so it ALMOST works...

...until the dad's carcass hits the ground like fucking Wile E. Coyote in Looney Tunes and I bust a gut every time.
^^totally. When the daughter starts pleading and crying, it somewhat got to me. But the cut to the father hitting the ground is some fucking slapstick comedy that completely ruins the same lmao. How did they not realize this when editing the movie.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Something to keep in mind is that this film tried to use singing on a set, so the actors were working on no musical cues. This also meant the music had to work around their performances.

This video, despite its clickbait title, explains the entire ordeal rather well:

Yeah, honestly considering how the actors were working a guessing game when it came to the singing and the orchestra was working around this improvised singing, what we got in Les Mis is legitimately impressive. Like it's a self made ordeal by the director but still, impressive for the crew that the end result is as good as we got.

I mean even forgetting the insane creative decisions and weird CG, let's remember what they did to CATS' music.

Oct 27, 2017
Watching a tense moment of TNG when all the sudden

Usg64g8.gif

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That TNG scene freaked me out as a kid. Wasn't expecting that from Star Trek. I wish that had become more of a thing.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
This thread made me think of The Untouchables, which I saw for the first time yesterday.

There is one particular shot in this sequence which is just totally unnecessary.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
^^totally. When the daughter starts pleading and crying, it somewhat got to me. But the cut to the father hitting the ground is some fucking slapstick comedy that completely ruins the same lmao. How did they not realize this when editing the movie.

The impact is also way too harmless. The whole scene is based on the fear of falling to your death and then he lands there like he dropped from a ladder. Much better if you leave it to the imagination.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always got a chuckle out of this one from the final season of 24:

edit: oh I see this one was covered already... good.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, in real life, let's just say his body wouldn't be in one piece...
nah, your body doesn't actually explode like a watermelon upon impact. our skin is pretty resilient. the first thing to break would be the hardest parts - ie bones. the organs rupture and the blood tries to escape through the past of least resistance, your orifices, and potentially any gash you would have incurred when falling/hitting the surface.

one thing for sure though, it wouldn't make that fucking sound lmao

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
nah, your body doesn't actually explode like a watermelon upon impact. our skin is pretty resilient. the first thing to break would be the hardest parts - ie bones. the organs rupture and the blood tries to escape through the past of least resistance, your orifices, and potentially any gash you would have incurred when falling/hitting the surface.

one thing for sure though, it wouldn't make that fucking sound lmao

You're right, I've seen pics of people that fell from like buildings. Limbs/your head don't go flying off. But, well, you basically rupture somewhere, and everything starts leaking out. REALLY depends on both the height on how you land.

Dad fell from what seems to be hundreds if not thousands of feet so, yeah, gonna be some cleanup involved...