• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
That horrible scene in X-Men Apocalypse where Magneto's family gets killed got an audible laugh from in the theater because it was so telegraphed and stupid.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
The surprise 9/11 ending of Remember Me was supposed to be a gut punch emotional moment but it cemented that film as a monument to bad taste and horrible twists.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Wish granted

DiligentDopeyGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif
Bless you, sir.

Canklestank

Oct 26, 2017
A friend of mine and I bust out laughing near the end of 10,000 BC when a major character dies. Pretty sure it wouldn't be funny out of context, so I won't post it. I think the boredom that led to a sudden death just hit the right note.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
While not really unintentional, the "call a paramedic!" line after this RoboCop death scene kills me every time.

Holy shit.

I've never seen Robocop and don't know shit about it, aside from the stupid-looking Robo... cop.

But that scene was dark as hell. Like that could give me nightmares. I sense a darkly ironic tone when the businessmen immediately move to the corner and discuss things as if that extremely fucked up event didn't affect them at all, like they're literally only concerned about the money they could lose/make. You even hear a woman sobbing in the background as they're talking.

Like, that's funny as shit. But not ha ha funny. Like American Psycho funny.

Daniagatha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
Context please. Is this some amateur film 5 people made with a rented camera some bored Sunday afternoon? Or is this actual goddamn show with trained actors and production values???

The movie is called "Obrigado a matar" (Forced to kill). It's from 2004 and it was directed by JoĂŁo Amorim. He is a retired singer and radio host. Was 2 times city counselor. AND directed movies. He is very known in the south states (where he is from) and made some other movies.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Legendary Weapons of China, in which an evil kung fu magician demonstrates his power by hypnotizing one of his henchmen into ripping his own dick off:

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

I've never seen Robocop and don't know shit about it, aside from the stupid-looking Robo... cop.

But that scene was dark as hell. Like that could give me nightmares. I sense a darkly ironic tone when the businessmen immediately move to the corner and discuss things as if that extremely fucked up event didn't affect them at all, like they're literally only concerned about the money they could lose/make. You even hear a woman sobbing in the background as they're talking.

That was very much Paul Verhoven's intent. The entire film is a heavy commentary on 1980s American capitalism.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit.

It's one of the best satires of action movies ever created. Just ignore everything after the first one.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit.

Oh man, you are missing out.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Deep Blue Sea is literally a comedy, if you think the humor of Sam Jackson's death is unintentional, you completely misunderstood the tone of that film.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tiny alien scene in Alien Covenant scene deserves to have yackety sax over it.

Every single human in that movie was comically incompetent.

Jan 4, 2018
I've always been fond of this one from Deadly Prey, in fact, the whole movie is a gold mine for unintentionally funny deaths:

(1:23:00 if it doesn't start at the right time)

PlateOfShrimp

Apr 16, 2020
It's not funny per se, but that one dude looking for his arm in the D-Day scene of Saving Private Ryan always seemed to be just a bit too over the top for me.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Holy shit.

That scene captures the essence of the movie perfectly: anti-capitalism pitch-black comedy, and self-parodic, nearly cartoony ultraviolence that crosses the line twice. It's basically the (European) director's view of America at the time.

I will maintain that Robocop 2 has its moments along with a fuckton of missed potential.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
See, the whole scene is fucking over-the-top but there is tension so it ALMOST works...

...until the dad's carcass hits the ground like fucking Wile E. Coyote in Looney Tunes and I bust a gut every time.

For me, it's the unnecessary hawk screech in the background. The sound editor knew exactly what he was doing when he reached for "Hawk Screech."

It's one of the best satires of action movies ever created. Just ignore everything after the first one.

Hey now, the second one is also good, if only for the failed Robocop 2 scenes.

Oct 26, 2017
There were several deaths in both Prometheus and Alien: Covenant that I'm pretty sure were intended to be taken seriously but came off as hilarious. Even the nearly slapstick slipping on blood aspect in Covenant had people laughing out loud when I was watching it.
That's scene from Covenant was so tense and uncomfortably hilarious at the same time.

It was great.

Oct 26, 2017
Martin Sheen's death in The Departed always makes me chuckle. From the unnecessary slo mo shot of him falling. To the splatter sound fx and blood spray.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's that dive he takes, isn't it? Dude lived for his job

tenor.gif

Given Peter Jacksons origins I wouldn't be surprised if it was supposed to be a tad dark humor
That orc was magnificent. He was a brave soldier doing his duty to fulfill his mission. I also thought it was a nod to the famous apple commerical.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Holy shit.

Yep! You should watch this classic, I hear you can 'buy that for a dollar' online.
HmmL.gif

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Palpatine's death in ROTJ is quite funny because you want to know what's going through his mind at that moment. (I mean pretend he didn't have a clone back up) There's just something funny about hurling an old man, sorry..