• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Kicking enemies in Dark Messiah is up there.
giphy.gif
I think this is still one of my favorite first-person melee combat, after all these years.

Far from a perfect game, but some of the levels were fantastic to fight through: kicking enemies, activating traps, kicking enemies into traps. That was great.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't aim for shit so I can't relate.

Popping two Tetris clears in a row and knocking like 2 attackers out at once in Tetris 99 is up there

OP
OP
5taquitos

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Adding to the list: any successful PvP encounter in Eve Online. That shit got my heart racing. And knowing that you inflicted tangible loss upon your victim made it so much sweeter.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I like using weapon like bow and arrow and crossbow. These thing can be hard to aim and hit sometimes in some games; with some trajectory to adjust, distance to calculate and wind to consider, but they provide satisfied feeling when the target is hit by arrow that I shoot.

One early experience that I like was in Half Life 2 with crossbow. Shooting the combines and seeing them died with ragdoll effect, with the sound of bolt and string release are just great and satisfying. Not to mention this weapon can pin their head and body to wall, making this an amusing weapon, yet great to use when it's available.

U0IAfIh.jpg

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
The Kraber's deafening thunderclap, followed by the breaking glass sound, followed by the squad wipe ring, followed by the 'champion' theme.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I found headshots in Battlefield more satisfying because of the bullet physics.

Then there's Gears headshots. In general, kills in Gears are more satisfying than about every other game.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Also up there: a single-handed squad wipe in Apex Legends. Seeing all three players box at the same time when you get the final kill, combined with the fantastic kill sounds, is so good.
Oh yea, and that shattering sound when you break someone's armor is so good. It makes it hard to resist the urge to push through and get the knock

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think AWP Flicks, Ceiling Shots and blind Pudge Hooks are the hardest but also best things you can pull off in any game.

atom519

Oct 28, 2017
Similar to OP - but doing the same flick shot with any of the charger weapons in Splatoon 2. The accompanying SPLAT! sound is just too good.

I would also throw a well timed rocket punch with Doomfist (Overwatch) into the mix. Man that's so satisfying watching a healer make a crater into the wall.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reflecting projectiles as pyro in TF2 was my fav. I could reflect most with ease but there was nothing more satisfying than reflecting a huntsman arrow and getting a headshot with it

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite the same but beating a Destiny raid for the first time, unlocking amazing loot and just generally being grateful that you (and the team) only messed up the 40 times previously and didn't make it 41.

It's quite a rush.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Nicked a first place in MK8D online the other day.. on the Zelda track I slid into a mushroom on the floor on the last turn and buuuuurrrned the two fuckers in front of me!

images

That felt pretty good

FuzzyWuzzy

Prophet of Truth
Apr 7, 2019
Austria
Should I be worried that I have no idea what an AWT flick shot is?
As explained the AWP is a sniper rifle in counter strike. Basically this talks about how you move the crosshair over the enemy (a flick of the mouse) quickly and shoot them.

Though I am still a bit shocked how many people seem to have never seen or played vs in one of it's forms

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
A perfectly coordinated ĂśberCharge in Team Fortress 2 that wipes the opposition and allowed you to break the stalemate gave me a rush everytime.
Yes. Just yes. Seeing the other team crumble under your uber while yours gains momentum is immensely satisfaying. But there's one thing even better:

Getting pushed back by a coordinated uber, but then turning the tide of the match with your own perfectly coordinated counter-uber. So good.

Third place would be an airshot intercept on a Soldier/Demo bombing in on your Medic, then finishing him off with a second rocket/pipe airshot.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Headshot sound effect in one of the Medal of Honor games. An icon would pop up as well on top screen. That shit would motivate me to do as many headshots as possible. Very satisfying.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I loved drop pod landing on bitches in Starhawk. Maybe the only fun part of the game?

But for me, the creme de la creme is the perfectly timed Disruptor Kinetic Field + Ult combo in Dota2. The feeling you get when you catch the heroes you needed in the storm...especially if a perfect Glimpse was needed to pull it off...unf.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I still think that Wii Sports had the most satisfying tennis game ever made. Swinging the Wii mote and hitting a precise shot is so satisfying.

Metroid Prime 3's grappling hook was also satisfying. I loved pulling off those shields from enemies with a flick of the wrist.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Not bragging about it. Just saying for someone pretty clued in on "gamer culture" it's weird that the most satisfying feeling in gaming is some relatively obscure thing. In your OP you should At least say what the acronym stands for if you aren't gonna explain what the thing is.
AWP obscure lol? It's one of the most famous guns in videogames. What you been playing these 30 odd years?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Just yes. Seeing the other team crumble under your uber while yours gains momentum is immensely satisfaying. But there's one thing even better:

Getting pushed back by a coordinated uber, but then turning the tide of the match with your own perfectly coordinated counter-uber. So good.

Third place would be an airshot intercept on a Soldier/Demo bombing in on your Medic, then finishing him off with a second rocket/pipe airshot.

This got me misty-eyed.

I miss vanilla TF2 so much - without all the added weapons and gear.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
30 years ago I was playing Flimbo's Quest on the Commodore 64. Turns out that Counter Strike was only 10 years after that. Crazy how time moves on.
Okay good for you, I am 33 years old I too was playing games before Counter Strike.

The guy was giving OP shit claiming to describe some obscure thing that his self proclaimed gamer knowledge did not hear about.

You know what I meant and why.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay good for you, I am 33 years old I too was playing games before Counter Strike.

The guy was giving OP shit claiming to describe some obscure thing that his self proclaimed gamer knowledge did not hear about.

You know what I meant and why.
Oh, I wasn't saying that Counter Strike was obscure (I didn't play it myself so didn't know the gun, but I've heard of the game and I know a LOT of people played it), your comment just made me realise how much of a leap there was between the graphics of the C64 era and when Counter Strike came out 10 years later. That's more what I was getting at. Congrats on being 33 though. I'm 35 (36 in a couple of months) and have realised I'm rapidly ageing out of gaming, ha. Turns out having a baby really eats into your gaming time. Who knew?

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Yup. A Juan Deag is just as satisfying if you do it over long range. Another thing that got my adrenaline running was solo winning a round for your team, both in matches and on pub servers.