• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Miyagi beating the Cobra Kai guy at the beginning of Karate Kid Part 2 without lifting a finger.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Frieza getting bodied by Broly in the new movie was hilarious:

frieza lasted an hour getting stomped while Goku n vegeta mess up fusion

so honestly kind impressive

best beating that goes to God Goku
Broly-Goku-contre-la-glace-GIF.gif

BewitchedMellowChamois-size_restricted.gif

even Vegeta was doing better then Goku who interrupts the fight gets annihilated

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know anyone could consider that a satisfying beatdown, Vegeta being arrogant and making a fool of himself was already a trope by then and the androids were absolute menaces so even the people disappointed in how cocky Vegeta was wouldn't root for the enemy or take much joy from it.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
a
Not even close. Vegeta's been stewing around being a dick for like a hundred episodes at this point. Who cared about Bellamy and the Celestial Dragon was introduced like in the same episode or something.
Nobody viewed that Vegeta beatdown as that satisfying. Everyone felt the satisfaction in Bellamy and the Celestial Dragon getting beat down. We're talking in the moment satisfaction.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Being mind- controlled isn't a get out of jail free card in real life. I thought Jessica Jones did a really great job portraying how this would effect people long term.

Even if Bucky wasn't in his right mind, he's literally a living weapon who could snap at any time and off a bunch of citizens or a random head of state. He'd escaped merciful captivity just a few days before and did just that! Allowing him to live during one of these sprees would be as negligent as Batman/Joker. Tony - who finds out that this guy killed his parents the same week as the escape and a few days after Rhodey was crippled (again, trying to mercifully capture Cap N Friends, ignoring T'Challa who was trying to murder Bucky the entire film and no one gives him shit) - is 110% justified in trying to end him.

Oct 25, 2017
Freeza getting beat-down, so hard that Goku actually tries to quit fighting him in the Namek saga is a much better example of something from Z. Freeza was virtually invincible up until that point, and it was cathartic to see him get the absolute crap kicked out of him by Goku and taken down a peg. By the end of his saga, he's reduced to nothing more than a floating torso and everything that could have gone wrong for him was caused only by himself.

As for something that hasn't been used yet I'd choose Mr. Myagi schooling that tool from the first Karate Kid.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy to see the Civil War "what actually happened" team out in full force here. I do not get how anyone could come out of that and think Tony was in the wrong. ,,

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
itagaki vs. Imai 2 Hajime no Ippo
I'm no expert on the manga, but I'd have to give this honor to Mashiba vs. Sawamura. Two sadistic fighters, plenty of blood and fouls, and Mashiba's return to form. Bliss.

The anime answer, however, is unquestionably Hawk vs. Takamura. Watching a sadistic, cocky racist get his ass trounced by Takamura is nothing short of cathartic.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
more Hajime no Ippo: Ippo vs. Kojima aka when Ippo nearly caught a body!!!

EMS8OiXWoAAExwG

TALK SHIT GET HIT!!! ONE PUNCH K.O.!!!

by far Ippo's best fight!!!

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Jet Li's Fearless has a montage of Li taking out multiple challengers including one dude who charges at him with "Head Kung fu" and gets KOed in an instant by a kick to his head.

Funnily enough the entire movie is about Li being an arrogant prick, the terrible ramifications of it and finally him making up for it.

Voltaire

Sep 13, 2018
The Avengers caused untold amounts of collateral damage in Avengers. The Hulk is literally a walking destruction monster. Thor is a God from another world whose family squabble nearly destroyed the Earth. SHIELD was overrun by Nazis who attempted to assassinate everyone of note in the world. This threat was resolved by crashing several Helicarriers into the Potomac and across D.C. It caused further unforeseen consequences as the Avengers went around quelling rogue Hydra agents leading to disdain in Sokovia in the wake of their efforts. Civil War opens with Cap and his team failing to apprehend Crossbones quietly and resulting in the deaths of untold civilians.

So, no. It was not just Tony fucking up creating Ultron and his blaming everyone else. There was a string of civilian deaths as a result of the Avengers actions and those of its members. NOW, can you make an argument defending all those actions? YES, and then we might actually have a debate in the film. You could actually debate whether unilateral interventionism is a good policy when faced with insurmountable evil and then debate that against the effects of regulation and oversight. However, the film is NOT interested in this. There's a reason why Captain doesn't even try to justify his position, he's just "nope, I'm right. You're wrong." The film doesn't care to justify his point because it doesn't care to actually explore the issue. It just wants to see these fools throw punches at each other.
I love the Marvel movies but I find them to be simultaneaously one of the most blatant and sneakiest vehicule for exporting the american ethos ( in this case, hyperindividualism, might makes right and unilateral intervention) in other cultures (the sneakiest in my book being ghostbuster and its lowkey anti-government/anti-regulation, pro-business message)

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Even though after watching it over again a couple times I realized Tony was right!

This had nothing to do with ego. Tony literally just found out WS killed his mom and Steve's still all "look fuck you he's my friend" . To not be on Tony's side is to just dislike him lol.

I love the Marvel movies but I find them to be simultaneaously one of the most blatant and sneakiest vehicule for exporting the american ethos ( in this case, hyperindividualism, might makes right and unilateral intervention) in other cultures (the sneakiest in my book being ghostbuster and its lowkey anti-government/anti-regulation, pro-business message)

Those 3 things are central to superheroes in general.
Wasn't Tony told the guy who killed his parents was being mind-controlled or am I misremembering?

The whole scenario came off like a laughable melodrama hissyfit to me.
And that was one-upped when Pratt tries to kill Thanos by wacking his forehead with the butt of his gun and dooms everything in the process. Was laughing my ass off during that scene.

Eh, those scenes aren't comparable.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I skipped a page, so sorry if it was mentioned already, but Goku vs Jiren first round fits this bill so much for me. Goku at this point has doomed multiple universes by getting this tournament to happen and still continuously only cares about going toe to toe with the strongest guy there, Jiren, rather than working with his team to increase their chances of winning.

Then Jiren just wrecks him. Culiminating in Jiren destroying a massive Spirit Bomb just by goddamn looking at it. Even when Goku comes back with his Ultra Instinct Jiren plays him for a fool and beats him. Of course being DB eventually Goku beats him and it feels a bit contrived but there's some damn good fight scenes in that whole arc.