• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
By the start of the Android Saga, Vegeta had gone SSJand trounced Android 19 and this naturally gave him a massive ego boost. Then like, what an hour later, he encounters Android 18 and the following happens:

source.gif

Bo_dXU.gif

So yeah, this beatdown was well deserved as Vegeta was asking for it and totally had it coming. So I was wondering, is there a more deserved and satisfying beatdown than this

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Thanos getting beat on, first by Captain Marvel then getting picked apart by Wanda.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Giorno vs Cioccolata was freaking glorious considering how much of an arrogant piece of shit Cioccolata was

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For you yes for me it's something else in pop culture because I am likely never going to get into DBZ. That's okay! I'll enjoy my flying space wizards with laser swords and try not to get goaded into defending why I like it and you go about your day with anime, and we all live in harmony.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Came to post this. Tony absolutely deserves that beatdown after all of the projecting he does in that movie and, essentially, throwing the Avengers under the bus for his problems.

What problems? Ultron?

Tony was right, Cap and his team were in the wrong. Cap is basically, "I'm perfect and therefore I have the unilateral right, to do whatever I want, wherever I want, free of consequences or oversight." Tony rightfully said, "nah, we should have some oversight."

But again, like all Marvel films it's all window dressing and these questions are never resolved or meaningfully explored. It's a trick they've used many times to make nerds think a film has any depth but is really just the standard Marvel affair. Civil War doesn't actually care about any of those questions, it just wants the heroes to playfully beat on each other.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Magua vs Uncas, Last of the Mohicans.

Backstory - Magua is the big bad. He just got an English officer burned alive, forcing Hawkeye to shoot him as a mercy. Then he killed Uncas' (older gentleman and Mohican tracker) only son in a duel leaving Uncas as a bereaved father and as the very last of his people. Then his son's English wife kills herself in grief rather than accept Magua's hand to safety (he's gonna rape/sell her anyway) and he's been shown to be the absolute pinnacle of his rival Huron tribe's warrior caste. But Uncas isn't having any of that fucking shit and doesn't even do Magua the courtesy of dragging out the fight.

That's the condensed final moments, but if you have five minutes then the entire sequence is one of the best action/music combos of any movie, let alone a historical costume drama:

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Vegeta vs Perfect Cell after he let him absorb 18.
Vegeta was a dumbass, but still a badass.

Oct 27, 2017
What problems? Ultron?

Tony was right, Cap and his team were in the wrong. Cap is basically, "I'm perfect and therefore I have the unilateral right, to do whatever I want, wherever I want, free of consequences or oversight." Tony rightfully said, "nah, we should have some oversight."

But again, like all Marvel films it's all window dressing and these questions are never resolved or meaningfully explored. It's a trick they've used many times to make nerds think a film has any depth but is really just the standard Marvel affair. Civil War doesn't actually care about any of those questions, it just wants the heroes to playfully beat on each other.
Well that, and Steve was basically "I don't care if he murdered your parents and you're pissed about that. He's my pal so fuck you."

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
As a huge Vegeta stan I feel personally attacked by the OP. But I also lead a miserable life mostly forever subject to the "Worf Effect".

I would have been on board with "Dragonball Vegeta" after the ass whooping he laid out on Android 19.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
As a huge Vegeta stan I feel personally attacked by the OP. But I also lead a miserable life mostly forever subject to the "Worf Effect".

I would have been on board with "Dragonball Vegeta" after the ass whooping he laid out on Android 19.
I'm a Vegeta stan, he's my favorite but he deserved that beating

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
What problems? Ultron?

Ultron and Wanda are basically the sins of Tony's past coming back to bite him, and since he can't properly cope with his guilt or PTSD properly he drives Pepper away (temporarily) and perhaps unconsciously lashes out at the Avengers. The moment one other Avenger makes a mistake while in the process of saving hundreds of lives Tony immediately starts finger pointing and being like "SEE SEE WE ALL NEED OVERSIGHT YEAH SEE UH HUH WE ALL DO NOT JUST ME WHO'S ROUTINELY BEEN CREATING MY OWN PROBLEMS SINCE IRON MAN 2".

Tony is very much in the wrong in Civil War because you can't look at Civil War in a vacuum. Even Tony's actions leading into the final act of the movie make it clear that Tony realizes he screwed up. And Infinity War doubles down on it.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does it have to be a physical beatdown? Light getting cornered at the end of Death Note is satisfying as fuck

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Ultron and Wanda are basically the sins of Tony's past coming back to bite him, and since he can't properly cope with his guilt or PTSD properly he drives Pepper away (temporarily) and perhaps unconsciously lashes out at the Avengers. The moment one other Avenger makes a mistake while in the process of saving hundreds of lives Tony immediately starts finger pointing and being like "SEE SEE WE ALL NEED OVERSIGHT YEAH SEE UH HUH WE ALL DO NOT JUST ME WHO'S ROUTINELY BEEN CREATING MY OWN PROBLEMS SINCE IRON MAN 2".

Tony is very much in the wrong in Civil War because you can't look at Civil War in a vacuum. Even Tony's actions leading into the final act of the movie make it clear that Tony realizes he screwed up. And Infinity War doubles down on it.

The Avengers caused untold amounts of collateral damage in Avengers. The Hulk is literally a walking destruction monster. Thor is a God from another world whose family squabble nearly destroyed the Earth. SHIELD was overrun by Nazis who attempted to assassinate everyone of note in the world. This threat was resolved by crashing several Helicarriers into the Potomac and across D.C. It caused further unforeseen consequences as the Avengers went around quelling rogue Hydra agents leading to disdain in Sokovia in the wake of their efforts. Civil War opens with Cap and his team failing to apprehend Crossbones quietly and resulting in the deaths of untold civilians.

So, no. It was not just Tony fucking up creating Ultron and his blaming everyone else. There was a string of civilian deaths as a result of the Avengers actions and those of its members. NOW, can you make an argument defending all those actions? YES, and then we might actually have a debate in the film. You could actually debate whether unilateral interventionism is a good policy when faced with insurmountable evil and then debate that against the effects of regulation and oversight. However, the film is NOT interested in this. There's a reason why Captain doesn't even try to justify his position, he's just "nope, I'm right. You're wrong." The film doesn't care to justify his point because it doesn't care to actually explore the issue. It just wants to see these fools throw punches at each other.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Vegeta vs kid buu
Vegeta vs jiren

are more satisfying beat downs for opposite reasons. Kid buu vs Vegeta is him taking blows for Goku his rival who he admits is better then himself . Jiren was cool beat down as it was Vegeta defying Jiren for Cabba and his family

like Piccolo said during fat buu fight, Vegeta is fighting for something other then himself