• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like for real. Every time I play a sonic game and this music plays It stresses me the hell out. Its basically anxiety the theme song.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
i think you are right. the only thing I can think of relatively close is the underwater level sounds from TMNT NES

fuccck

edit: ooh yeah MGS alert is a great one as well. !

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
If this wasn't the Sonic drowning music I was going to be INCREDIBLY surprised.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Mr X's footsteps in Resident Evil 2 Remake, althought I wasn't really enjoying the game and think stalker enemies are overused.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
i think you are right. the only thing I can think of relatively close is the underwater level sounds from TMNT NES

fuccck

edit: ooh yeah MGS alert is a great one as well. !

Why would you traumatize me like this

My contribution
Not knowing if that black screen with the Playstation symbol was going to show up

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
gVXDwsX.jpg

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
It's one of the reasons why I dreaded playing the first Sonic as a kid, too stressful lol

The variation of the sound in Sonic Adventure 2 is actually amazing though.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
In the rhythm game Rhythm Heaven, they have these Perfect Challenges, where you have to play through a song perfectly. During the challenge, a picture of a heart is in the corner of the screen. But if you mess up an input just a little bit, the heart breaks in spectacular fashion, with the loudest CRASH sound effect ever.

Honestly, the most anxiety I've ever had playing any game is playing those Perfect Challenges, with the fear of messing up a little and hearing that sound. I usually just avoid playing them for that reason, lol.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
the conversation usually goes like this

Me: "i have trouble Waking up"
Person : "me too i have this heavy metal song and i still don't wake up properly"
Me: "i use the sonic drowning song as my alarm clock"
Person: "ok, i have zero trouble waking up sorry if i said anything"

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
For some stupid fucking reason my first thought was "pfft, no." But then I listened.

And I remembered.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
The sonic on the left of that thumbnail looks terrified. The rest mild shock.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Being a young kid, and hearing the "Beep Beep" Jason warning in Friday the 13th for NES.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
OP, never bothered me.

Off the top of my head I thought of the MGS "!" before anything else.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
FFXIV: ARR plays an ominous sound that warns players that they are about to enter a near-endgame (for the time) zone. Pretty necessary since some maps like the north shroud have level 45+ zones right next to level 3 ones.

Wish I could show it but I don't think anyone has recorded it.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
fuckkkkkkk regenerators, omgggg

I have that one part where you see it in the security camera lens then you hear that horrific "hhhhgggghhh hhhhhhhhhhyehhhh" behind you and it's IN THE ROOM WITH YOU
Or the fumbling to get that damn heat scope on so I can shoot it holy shit it's getting closer HOW DO I GTFO OF HERE!!

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Or the fumbling to get that damn heat scope on so I can shoot it holy shit it's getting closer HOW DO I GTFO OF HERE!!

😂 I would frantically shoot at it and miss and scream the whole time

In a series known for overdesigned slimy blobs that are more icky than scary, there's something absolutely horrifically terrifying about the...simplicity? of Regenerators' design.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
😂 I would frantically shoot at it and miss and scream the whole time

In a series known for overdesigned slimy blobs that are more icky than scary, there's something absolutely horrifically terrifying about the...simplicity? of Regenerators' design.
Yup, they are nightmare fuel. Watching my wife play that section is a memory I will never forgot. Inching forward at a glacial pace and panic screams.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, hearing this was stressful. I consider the second place to be the metallic sound when you die in The Last of Us.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
FFXIV: ARR plays an ominous sound that warns players that they are about to enter a near-endgame (for the time) zone. Pretty necessary since some maps like the north shroud have level 45+ zones right next to level 3 ones.

Wish I could show it but I don't think anyone has recorded it.

What? I've played since the very original launch and have never noticed this - Not doubting at all, but I've honestly never heard/noticed - I need to go check this out

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
The drowning music doesn't bother me anymore because I've played enough Sonic games to know the danger of actually drowning is usually pretty low. They always put bubbles everywhere; you can't go that far without running into one. I think that one part in Chemical Plant Act 2 is probably the only dangerous water section I can think of, but I never mess that up anymore.

My answer is the chase theme from The Witch's House. Although maybe instead of "anxiety" I would say "sheer terror". If you've played the game you know what I mean.