• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I have been thinking is there a game where its own economy and currency doesnt collapse after the second half or if you are doing all the side quests or being thorough?I have played Outer Worlds,Fallout 4,ME:Andromeda,DA:I and more in recent years and i struggle to think a game where its economy remains consistent through the whole game even in the higher difficulties.Usually they have some weapons or items with ridiculous prizes that you dont really need but you can have all the ammo and optimal equipment and potions you want without a hassle that it almost becomes cheating.I just find it bizarre developers struggle to balance that.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Eh, I think this is more just that players want to feel rich by the end. Most games that are doing this it's probably intentional.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I kept running low on money in SMTIV even towards the ending, although gathering money there goes faster.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Dragon Quest XI. If you want to (you dont need to, though its helpful on higher difficulty) keep up with gear it will lead to you having to farm a bunch to keep up, even later on.

Of course there are broken farm mechanics for EXP etc., that you can do for end/post-game stuff, but if you play it normally without doing the "high end" content the economy always is relevant in terms of having enough gold.

Oct 28, 2017
I have been thinking is there a game where its own economy and currency doesnt collapse after the second half or if you are doing all the side quests or being thorough?

That's probably the reason. Developers have to account for both players who just breeze through the main quest and don't bother with anything else and those who try to 100% everything. And they want to reward players for doing side stuff.
So if there's lots of optional content and you do everything you end up swimming in cash and items. The alternative would be balancing the game in a way that the side stuff really isn't optional anymore. (or difficulty levels adjusting the game economy, but I don't know how many games actually do that)

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Pathologic 2 is a game all about dealing with the curveballs thrown at you by a failing economy's in the midst of a disaster, that is the game you want to play OP

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I never had all the money that I needed in KOTOR 1. Can't remember if the sequel was the same.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
This is done intentionally. The truth is the majority of gamers want to feel overpowered by rich by the end.