• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
There have been various super hero shows out there but this show was on a totally different level
'

It's my favorite adaptation of the DC universe as a whole, it was always consistent in quality, had top notch stories which were connected and played off well along with being enjoyable for so many audiences. Has there ever been any kind of super hero team up show which meets the quality of this show?

Sep 14, 2019
I love this series!

Super bummed it wasn't renewed for more seasons...

Love the mature themes and innuendo 🤣

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I loved JLU because it had so many heroes that you could focus on a different group every episode. Some of the best episodes didn't even feature the mainstays.

I fell in love with characters like Question, Booster Gold, Green Arrow, Dr. Fate and others because of JLU. When I later got back into DC Comics after reading Marvel for years, I was drawn to a lot of the lesser known characters, probably because of JLU.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Legion of Super Heroes was a good one too, that got little respect. S1 features modern day Superman whisked forward to the future. I got it on DVD. S2 features a future clone of Superman trying to stop a dark future where Imperiex rules the galaxy. This season never had a home release, but I guess they're all coming out on blu-ray.

I also really enjoyed Young Justice though I have yet to watch season 3.

Green Lantern the Animated Series is more a team-up piece than you'd expect. Also good and cut short too soon.

... and really I'd take most of JL over JLU overall, though nothing reaches that final JLU arc!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Don't think so. Young Justice S1 is close, but it doesn't have quite the highs that JLU had. The last part of the Cadmus arc was bonkers.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
X-Men 92, X-Men Evolution, and Wolverine and the X-Men are all better based on subject matter alone.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
FGemukL.jpg

If you liked the old DCAU, you'll love Young Justice. It isn't connected to any of those shows, but it's similar in spirit. It has excellent art, great characters, and extremely effective and mature story arcs. Highly recommended to anyone with even a passing interesting in superhero stuff.

The YJ team is effectively the JL's covert-ops division and is made up of the sidekick characters (Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Aqualad, Miss Martian etc.). They take on missions that are considered "too dirty" for the League to carry out. Superman can't be seen crossing borders into the Middle-East to carry out missions, but the YJ team is specifically trained for that sort of stuff.

My absolute favourite thing about the show is that, while it's about the sidekicks, the Justice League itself is used liberally all throughout. Nearly every single episode features various members of the League coming and going, and everyone is depicted convincingly and has a purpose. Batman, especially, who helped put the team together as the Justice League's covert-ops division.

And if a bunch of kids being tasked with missions that are considered "too dirty" for the League sounds messed up... it is. Watch the show. :)

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
FGemukL.jpg

If you liked the old DCAU, you'll love Young Justice. It isn't connected to any of those shows, but it's similar in spirit. It has excellent art, great characters, and extremely effective and mature story arcs. Highly recommended to anyone with even a passing interesting in superhero stuff.

The YJ team is effectively the JL's covert-ops division and is made up of the sidekick characters (Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Aqualad, Miss Martian etc.). They take on missions that are considered "too dirty" for the League to carry out. Superman can't be seen crossing borders into the Middle-East to carry out missions, but the YJ team is specifically trained for that sort of stuff.

My absolute favourite thing about the show is that, while it's about the sidekicks, the Justice League itself is used liberally all throughout. Nearly every single episode features various members of the League coming and going, and everyone is depicted convincingly and has a purpose. Batman, especially, who helped put the team together as the Justice League's covert-ops division.

And if a bunch of kids being tasked with missions that are considered "too dirty" for the League sounds messed up... it is. Watch the show. :)
Seen it, it's good but isn't as good as the DCAU

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Seen it, it's good but isn't as good as the DCAU

Agree to disagree! I love the DCAU, but I thought YJ had greater stakes, more interesting character development, and was generally better at overarching plotlines. (Without getting into spoilers, the highlight of JLU to me was the stuff involving Hawkgirl.)

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
No, there isn't. It both created versions of the characters that became iconic (conspiracy theorist Question) and placed the classics in unprecedented situations. It was a cartoon that wasn't afraid to embrace serial storytelling and was backed up by an all-star voice cast. There's so many great moments from The Question monologue to Luthor to the Shining Knight's last stand to the Flash's interactions with the Trickster. Just a master class in the DCU.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
young justice could have been up there if it wasn't for the time skips and cast changes every season

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Now that S3 came and went, Young Justice is probably equal imo.

EMH is just behind. S2 really was a big dropoff from S1, especially the ending.

I don't really consider Doom Patrol that much of a superhero show. The one thing S1 had in common with Titans is that they don't do much actual superhero stuff.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Harley Quinn is better than it deserves to be.

Everyone in that universe is either bad or morally ambiguous.

Love it.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
No, there isn't. It both created versions of the characters that became iconic (conspiracy theorist Question) and placed the classics in unprecedented situations. It was a cartoon that wasn't afraid to embrace serial storytelling and was backed up by an all-star voice cast. There's so many great moments from The Question monologue to Luthor to the Shining Knight's last stand to the Flash's interactions with the Trickster. Just a master class in the DCU.

The fact that the show made you want to see and learn more about B- and C-Tier heroes like Shining Knight and Vigilante is a testament to how much this show absolutely loved the DCU.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
JLU was where I started losing interest in the DCAU stuff. I definitely enjoyed it and watched a fair bit of it, but I feel like it went a bit too overboard on the supporting cast outside of the main JL members to the point it was kind of overwhelming for me.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Patrol
The Boys
Young Justice
Watchmen

All get close. Not sure they beat it though.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FGemukL.jpg

My gripe with Young Justice is a lot of important character development or plot developments are off-screen. I get they wanna age the characters up per season, but it feels a bit lazy.

I shouldn't have to read tie-in material for shit should be in the show.