• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds early access period, and for some months into release, the Youtube channel DearSomeone put out some amazing game clip compilations. They were set really well to music, had a great mix of funny moments, skilled moments, super lucky occurrences, and "fail" moments and are just a delight to watch.

And then, about 6 months after PUBG came out of Early Access, they released their "finale" video, and were done and vanished off into the Internet.

I think at least part of how entertaining these are is due to PUBG having some elements that make it a super clippable game, but it's also just a great effort by the creator themselves. I see a ton of "Funniest Clips from *game*" or "Top 100 epic fails/wtf moment!!!!" things on Youtube, but not many of them go to the extra effort of adding themed music, clipping everything super tightly, and etc. And I realize I have a question in my thread title, so the answer is almost certainly "yes", so if there are other creators that put in this kind of effort for other games and put out entertaining montages, I'd love to see them!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
These were great! I watched a bunch of other PUBG and Fortnite videos along these lines but none quite matched this energy and feel.

Last edited:

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
I'm convinced this Kronovi beta Rocket League montage helped launch the games popularity

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
These were the best goddamned videos that really sold PUBG at a time when it was so fresh and new that nobody knew what the hell they were doing; players just did the strangest shit and there were so many bugs that everyone ended up with their own unique "stories."

I was really sad when he stopped.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
These were the best goddamned videos that really sold PUBG at a time when it was so fresh and new that nobody knew what the hell they were doing; players just did the strangest shit and there were so many bugs that everyone ended up with their own unique "stories."

Yeah he had a lot of good content out there.

OP
OP
Ultron

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced this Kronovi beta Rocket League montage helped launch the games popularity

That's definitely a cool one! It shares a thing with the PUBG videos of showing off a game super early on and showing the stuff that is possible to inspire.

Yeah, I think early PUBG was a pretty specific spice to make these kind of videos really great. You had plenty of jank especially with vehicles, the newness of the BR genre, and an extremely fast time to kill which lets there be all the clips of ridiculous one shots from across the map and super lucky jump kills and show downs and etc.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thank you for making this thread. I remember watching dearsomeone's videos but it feels like so long ago, I may as well go through them again.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I hadn't noticed his comment on the last video --

After 16 months of swimming in an ocean of PUBG footage every single day, I'm calling it quits.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to send in clips. These videos would not exist if it wasn't for you. I never stopped using copyrighted music and attempted to earn ad revenue off of your content. I turned down dozens of sponsorship opportunities to keep these videos as clean as possible. I wanted to do something that celebrated our community and this game we all love/hate. As a bonus I hope I was also able to provide some entertainment.

There's always a chance I'll be back with more uploads. Or maybe I won't be. Either way I hope you know how much I've appreciated you tuning into this channel and seeing what I'm up to.

I'll see you around.

Jon (aka dearsomeone)
http://www.dearsomeone.net/

1*xrx4PIQvza23h7SorC4MnA.gif

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Nothing comes close to this for me personally. The greatest to touch 1.6 - his best moments - with good frag music and no nonsense editing. You need to understand CS to an extent to appreciate how special this is.

OP
OP
Ultron

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing comes close to this for me personally. The greatest to touch 1.6 - his best moments - with good frag music and no nonsense editing. You need to understand CS to an extent to appreciate how special this is.

That was really great! I loved how it synched so much of the music up with the clips. Despite only kind of knowing CS, that was a good hook to watch that player just wrecking teams.

OP
OP
Ultron

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap DearSomeone is back with a 2020 rewind:

I don't particularly enjoy PUBG anymore, what with the bots and stuff at least from last time I played, but hey I'll definitely watch this!