• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you get bait by the whole wrecktrain of "Dante in Smash" ?

• I sure did fam, I wanted to 0-to-death everyone in Smash while using broken-as-Bayo-In-Smash-4 Dante

Votes: 32 10.0%
  • Nah bruh, I am smarter than ya all, not gunna set myself up, you fool tears are delicious tho.

Votes: 230 72.1%
  • There is still hope fam, lets us pray. Sweet baby Jesus Shall Pull Our Devil Triggers Someday.

Votes: 82 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
kcLe9rY.gif

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't a single person on this website talk without resorting to vapid hyperbole? We get it, you thought something would happen but you were disappointed. So?

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Nothing is ever "the biggest ever"

it was just a lot of coincidences and the fact that people really wanted a third party character in.

It was kind of hilarious to see people wake up and see Dante trending in gaming, only to find out it's because people are upset that another Fire Emblem character got in instead.

Capturefefe.PNG

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I never understood why people thought Dante was a likely choice for Smash. Next to no history on Nintendo platforms and Capcom weren't going to announce the date of the reveal, even implicitly.

It's fair game to want Dante in Smash, but I genuinely didn't understand why people were so sure about this.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
there was no bait, people just went of the rails by them self. this is just a tale about not letting expectations overwhelm you

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I wasn't expecting Dante but I was hoping for.... Something decent? Although I was expecting something similar to what we got (some kind of weeb character).

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
No offense OP, but you need to make shorter sentences.
Also, there was no bait, only speculation.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
All I saw was some other character's voice actor saying "I think Dante will probably be in Smash" or something.

If you got hyped up off of that incredibly vague possibility, that's on you.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I'm not a Smash Fan, it sounds like torture. Ya'll got a new character and it's nothing but writhing in that thread.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't even a bait... Just some hopeful fans that thought he would be in because of the other announcement today. It ended up being a coincidence.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
The Dante hype was so weird. It seemed like it was everywhere and when you dug down the only semi-solid 'evidence' was a quote from a VA taken out of context. It was like, barely more substantiated than the hype over Jill before the RE spirits deconfirmed her.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I mean theres 6 more fighters coming. 😆 it's not impossible that Dante is one of them

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
People baited themselves. Before the direct was announced they had put out those dates including 1/16. Then when the announcement of style switching was discovered on the japanese page, they made the announcement last night, 1/15.

I'm sure a bunch of people didn't see it, but if you did, then you should have known that the "1/16" announcement wasn't Dante coming to Smash.

Nov 17, 2017
I was wondering where all the Dante stuff was coming from. I can't be bothered to keep up with the Smash speculation anymore. It's exhausting. This type of thing is pretty much as standard as they come though with Smash speculation, right? People are always doing some version of this:

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was absolutely no credible evidence to ever suggest Dante was in Smash, much less the next character.

OP
OP

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering where all the Dante stuff was coming from. I can't be bothered to keep up with the Smash speculation anymore. It's exhausting. This type of thing is pretty much as standard as they come though with Smash speculation, right? People are always doing some version of this:

Its a perfect combination of smash being really popular (after all its the best sold fighting game of all time) coupled with the desire of a lot of people to "find out" about stuff (those that keep refreshing smash website looking for stuff, and listening to podcasts for "clues", following certain voice actors/personalities etc etc) + the hunger of the 5th character information caused by the drought of news since Terry was released back in early November, everyone was expecting next character at VGAs, but nothing.

There was so little info and so much hunger that some "insiders" started to "disconfirm" characters, as in saying who will not be in smash lol, instead of saying who would, cuz most knew shit and there was a demand for that info, to think we will live through this all again till December 2021 (Which is the date by which all 6 new announced dlc characters of season pass 2 will have dropped) So yeah that picture is exactly everyone that has played detective in all of this.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
DMC fans hyped themselves into a frenzy over an out of context quote from a DMC5 voice actor who ISN'T Dante and managed to infect other fans into believing that Dante was coming to Smash because they believed there was some massive coordinated event coming because of a coincidence between company dates.

y'all need to sit the fuck down once in a while

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
LOL no.

Dante 4 smash wasn't even in any of the creditable leaks.

It was all people hyping themselves up over nothing.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Selfishly, I don't want Dante in Smash since I want an RE character instead and I can't see Capcom getting that many characters in the game. :P

Smash fans have apparently convinced themselves that the main character of Puyo Puyo has a chance at being in the game. Meanwhile, people who have followed gaming for decades would probably be surprised to know Puyo Puyo even has characters.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Can we have a thread in the gaming hangout for smash fans to discuss their favorite game?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How was it bait? Literally nobody but the few in the fandom decided to get their hopes up over nothing.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing is ever "the biggest ever"

it was just a lot of coincidences and the fact that people really wanted a third party character in.

It was kind of hilarious to see people wake up and see Dante trending in gaming, only to find out it's because people are upset that another Fire Emblem character got in instead.

Capturefefe.PNG

Why is Altair trending? They making an Assassin's Creed remaster or something?

And I don't even want to know what "hoes mad" is about

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
It wasn't.

That said, Sakurai showing three fingers in the promo because it meant 17 in binary, which is the number of mainline FE games, is proof that we are all just unwilling pawns in his game. That man plays 5D Smash.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yall invent shit out of thin air to hype yourselves over because youre addicted to the dopamine rush and then turn around and be like "WHO keeps DOING this to me??????"

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
There wasn't even bait? Capcom said they were announcing new DMC3 details and they did. It's on Smash fans for trying to read anything grander than that

Status
Not open for further replies.