• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You know, the fact that Maul was active as a crime lord before his death to Obi-Wan on Tattooine and the boss of Han's Ex Girlfriend

To me it was the one interesting part about Solo. Showing they were not afraid to integrate TV and Comics stuff into the movies. But I really can't see them doing anything with it now...

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know Solo takes place after Maul was sliced in half, right?

edit: OH! You are talking about the cartoon stuff!

Last edited:

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
live look at op
tenor.gif
I think you may have misread the op... along with about half the people in here...

Additionally, no, it probably won't amount to anything.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, probably not. And im fine with that given that Maul has gotten far more attention than he deserved based off of TPM.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Some of you don't seem to get what I mean

Obi-Wan defeated Darth Maul on Naboo.

He killed him on Tattooine years later.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
given that a the spin off movies are taking a lot from the cartoons, it shows how many people in the discussions haven't watched those

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Joel Edgerton will reprise his role as the legendary Owen Lars to kill Maul for the third time.
p2OZwlS.png

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Probably not and especially not with any of the players from Solo. I don't think Disney is going anywhere near Emilia Clarke or Alden Ehrenreich again which is for the best.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish, with Solo tanking the future is uncertain. But at least Maul surviving is movie canon now.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a Son of Dathomir CGI movie. FFS😭

I think they should have turned the remaining Clone Wars arcs into movies. And released 2 to 3 a year on the new Disney streaming service. Instead of limited run series.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
They'll continue it in a tv series and then let the plot lingers again when it get cancelled.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
People played up the cameo for me in Solo. I was expecting way more than a "hey what's up" line and that's all. Cameo had reaaaaly no purpose than to be a not subtle thing for the show fans and a jarring uneccesary scene for those unaware.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that the world collectively said "Fuck No" to a Solo movie, I doubt that there will be a followup or pseudo-sequel. If they can't sell Solo to people then they probably can't sell Darth Maul either.

I'm sure that there will be a comic book or a novel that covers Maul's time as a crimelord, because god forbid that any of these characters have a moment of their lives that isn't chronicled for public sale and consumption.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd feel better if they pretended like it didn't happen and never do anything like that again. Movie events should make sense for people who watch movies. On screen, Maul is a dead character who represents the Sith. The fact that he's alive and represents the underground crime world is something you need a cartoon to understand. I don't like it.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Considering that the world collectively said "Fuck No" to a Solo movie, I doubt that there will be a followup or pseudo-sequel. If they can't sell Solo to people then they probably can't sell Darth Maul either.

I'm sure that there will be a comic book or a novel that covers Maul's time as a crimelord, because god forbid that any of these characters have a moment of their lives that isn't chronicled for public sale and consumption.

Pretty sure this
62959d388665c861c4ae128083377ae1.jpg

Can get more asses in seats than "Young Han Solo" just by having a lightsaber.

Not that I'll blame them for not even trying

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I'd feel better if they pretended like it didn't happen and never do anything like that again. Movie events should make sense for people who watch movies. On screen, Maul is a dead character who represents the Sith. The fact that he's alive and represents the underground crime world is something you need a cartoon to understand. I don't like it.

For those that just watch the movies that scene completely undermines the drama of the movies. If someone getting cut in half and falling down a seemingly bottomless pit isn't fatal, then why should we assume any on screen death that ends off screen is fatal. Why couldn't the Emperor or Han Solo pop back up if Maul could survive that? I'm sure someone will have an in universe reason, but I'm sure a writer could make an in universe reason for anyone surviving death off screen.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
For those that just watch the movies that scene completely undermines the drama of the movies. If someone getting cut in half and falling down a seemingly bottomless pit isn't fatal, then why should we assume any on screen death that ends off screen is fatal. Why couldn't the Emperor or Han Solo pop back up if Maul could survive that? I'm sure someone will have an in universe reason, but I'm sure a writer could make an in universe reason for anyone surviving death off screen.
If you're going to complain about it like 10 years after the fact, blame Lucas for it as he made it happen in the first place. Not to mention that this is an odd complaint in a franchise with force ghosts.

At least Maul post death is an actual character, and a pretty decent one at that.

Oct 26, 2017
Maul should've stuck around to be the main villain for Episode II.

Not having the reveal lead up to Obi Wan killing Maul in-movie universe is just one of the many reasons why Solo will continue to go down as a mistake (even if I did find it mildly pleasing).

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I got no issue with Maul being alive in the film as a result of what we learn from the cartoon because I watch it. I'd probably be annoyed if it was something from a comic, as I don't.

I Wife and I enjoyed Solo. It not a great film, but it was enjoyable enough.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
If you're going to complain about it like 10 years after the fact, blame Lucas for it as he made it happen in the first place. Not to mention that this is an odd complaint in a franchise with force ghosts.

At least Maul post death is an actual character, and a pretty decent one at that.

For the people that only watch the movies Maul has been dead since the Phantom Menace. The end of Solo was a huge WTF? moment for most of the people in the theater I was in. It was utterly ridiculous for someone doesn't follow the extended universe stuff. If he was a force ghost at least that would have made some sort of sense in the cinematic universe.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
It's ironic. They tried to do a Marvel, but pulled a DC. Not even Disney can copy Disney. The Solo cinematic universe died before it even began.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I assume they'll follow it up in either a new cartoon series, eventually, or a Marvel comic series.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

So Basically go back use old canon level system ?