• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is the logo featured at the end of the Godfall trailer the official PlayStation 5 logo?

• Yes that’s totally the official logo

Votes: 63 6.3%
  • No it’s just a place holder logo because Sony didn’t give them the real one

Votes: 941 93.7%

• Total voters

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Untitled_3.png

All this talk about XBox Series X like the PlayStation 5 logo wasn't unveiled last night.

Or was it?

So is this the PlayStation 5 logo/font or not?
Thoughts?

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i reckon that's just a font to fit in with the look and feel of the trailer and the godfall logo.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so. Looks pretty generic imo - especially the color gradient. The font is ok tho.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
they literally have a black/white generic PS logo during the trailer because they presumably had no permission to run the PS5 logo.

data

Oct 25, 2017
#teamyes

That trailer was definitely weird. Like why would they announce a ps5 game like that without announcing the console itself. Wonder if the devs jumped the gun

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If the logo has an outer glow they deserve to lose the next console gen and drop out of the industry.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
#teamyes

That trailer was definitely weird. Like why would they announce a ps5 game like that without announcing the console itself. Wonder if the devs jumped the gun

They clearly asked Sony for permission to announce it - and Sony permitted it on the condition that they do it without showing the logo of PS5, but just the name in generic text.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
First of all, that's not a logo. And no.
The logo will be with the Knack font and inside the V you can read "ita lives"

data

Oct 25, 2017
They clearly asked Sony for permission to announce it - and Sony permitted it on the condition that they do it without showing the logo of PS5, but just the name in generic text.
It still feels weird.

I would think they would rather announce the PS5 game after they reveal it at their state of play.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No, it's the name done up stylistically to match the trailer.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I bet my left testicle the oficial Playstation 5 logo will be just PS5 like it is for PS4, but with a new font.

#teamyes

PS5 was announced months ago. They just didnt showed the console yet.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
No, which is why this trailer mentioning it was weird. Last gen games didn't put the platform in the trailer before the platform itself was unveiled

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
of course not

its not even a logo, its just text indicating platforms. Here is the one from the Gearbox channel:

ELrZ34AXkAAR1Ii

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. We'll get the official logo once they reveal the system.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
They should use the Jumanji font for PS5, the Jumanji Cinematic Universe is Sony's only real movie franchise.