• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is the Plan 8 (PC/PS5/XS MMO Shooter) Trailer Actual Gameplay or Not?

• Real

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Not Real

Votes: 76 71.0%

• Total voters

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fake. You can tell from the supposedly gameplay segments that don't look like how a game actually looks or plays.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Wow looks absolutely amazing. Leaning towards fake but maybe that's next gen, baby.

who is making it? That will help you tell if it is fake. Random nobodies with two guys on staff part time? Or know industry dudes with cash and resources behind them?

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Pearl Abyss has really beautiful it's own engine so i bet mostly yes except scripted animations
Yeah, this would be my bet. Black Desert looks real good and it's pretty old at this point. So new tech, sure, I'll buy into this being somewhat grounded in reality.

how it will run though... we'll see.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Wow looks absolutely amazing. Leaning towards fake but maybe that's next gen, baby.

who is making it? That will help you tell if it is fake. Random nobodies with two guys on staff part time? Or know industry dudes with cash and resources behind them?

Pearl Abyss. The people behind Black Desert Online

Astroroom

Aug 19, 2020
Fake scripted trailer angles and animations but the game will more or less look that I'd say.

Aug 30, 2020
It's technically possible that these are cutscenes, but it's not gameplay period.

Those that voted gameplay: have you ever played a video game?

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
There are maybe 5 seconds of player-input gameplay in there, and the rest are either scripted cutscene moments or player activated animation playback during a melee sequence or something.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Am I missing something about why it would be fake? It doesn't look that good. Other early next gen stuff we've seen footage of like that Wukong game or Project Athia are much more impressive.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Am I missing something about why it would be fake? It doesn't look that good. Other early next gen stuff we've seen footage of like that Wukong game or Project Athia are much more impressive.

It's not about the game looking good or not, it's about how much of the trailer showcased aspects that are part of regular moment-to-moment gameplay and a majority of it looks to be more like scripted cutscene moments.

Oct 29, 2017
There are maybe 5 seconds of player-input gameplay in there, and the rest are either scripted cutscene moments or player activated animation playback during a melee sequence or something.

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too.

The visuals are entirely believable for current-gen only visuals...but the "gameplay" isn't.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It just looks super scripted, so I guess you could say fake, because it's probably very little actually playable, but I don't think it's impossible it's actually in-game.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That looks in game but mostly not actual gameplay, which isn't anything new. But graphically nothing about it seems fake.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Almost no gameplay footage imo.

But the game will look like this. I didn't see anything impossible.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do yopu think it's too good to be true? As a current-gen game orr as a MMO? Even for MMO, this is the least we can expect.

Thiçngs need to change and get better and if new hardwares allow more possibilities, why not?

Even TLOU2 didn't have enemies that moved, reacted and interacted with the environment as good as was shown off in this trailer.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
IDK....Naughty Dog has put some pretty crazy set pieces to market on much lesser hardware. Do I believe the moment to moment is that chaotic...nah. I believe they can have the player in control of some crazy set pieces with varying camera angles. It's doable...the most fake part is when they're zooming in at a time where the player would obviously be shooting and would need to see the enemies.

Even TLOU2 didn't have enemies that moved, reacted and interacted with the environment as good as was shown off in this trailer.

You should be more impressed by what they achieved by that old cpu. I'd imagine their first next gen game will be much better than TLOU2.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it's current-gen only and handicapped by Jaguar CPU right? Then you got your answer. i will be surprised if this happened on last-gen, not on current gen.

My point is that these kinds of enemies acting like they do would be a next step for NPCs in general which is why I don't have much faith it's real.

Feb 8, 2018
is it anything special? The level reminds me of Just cause/Crysis. Water+fire effect could be on the higher end, overall I expect more from the gen.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
90% of the trailer are cutscenes, so yea they look like real cutscenes. Is very obvious when it switches to gameplay.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Reminds of the first FF XV trailer where the "gameplay" bits were cgi showcasing the intended, actual gameplay, lol

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look, if you dont see an UI and camera behind the player its not actual gameplay. This is just in game engine trailer with fancy angles and editing to fool people into thinking this is actual gameplay.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Ot3Us2t.png

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
It's real, the camera angles of course are just for the cinematic.

None of the graphics or the animations look beyond what's currently capable, and Pearl Abyss have already proved they are capable of making a good looking game in Black Desert Online (at least for the nearest 50m before they start culling characters)

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like a game to me.
Cutscenes and cinematics and facial capturez

There are too many shots and assets there for that to be all fake.