• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Axumite

Nov 19, 2017
As a kid, I always thought the dude from the Bad music video with the roller skates was way more impressive.
MagnificentAmusingBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of leg strength, 7:20 to about 7:40 here where he reverses the fall:

I always loved Death Drops and that lift up at the end is crazy. I love the video compilations. Watching a ton of dance videos and you see cool shit all the time (I.e Omarion "Touch", Jungle "Casio"). Moonwalk has a renown to it that makes it a bit otherworldly.

So yeah I agree the Moonwalk is the coolest.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK

It's good but not original to Jackson so far as I know. Also I just love stuff like the above. I like a lot of modern dance, hell I just like dance routines, but I always get more blown away by stuff like the above.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most iconic dance move, but it's the easiest glide to perform. Even I can do it. Now gliding to the side, or in a circle, are the next steps up.

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
this is one of the strangest posts ive ever read

Really? Have you read:

heh....dance scrubs ITT

MJ didn't even invent gliding. He just got really good at some of it and tried to coin it as his own.

Or:

Alright. Just have a hard time thinking of "the moonwalk" as the coolest dance move in human history when I can do it myself well enough.
You'd probably get laughed out of a venue if that was your best move. Might impress your friends and family once though.

?

---

Your posts just come off as super condescending, maybe you don't intend it that way, but jeeze man - you're literally going after people calling them scrubs and denouncing their tastes because they shared an opinion.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Really? Have you read:

Or:

?

---

Your posts just come off as super condescending, maybe you don't intend it that way, but jeeze man - you're literally going after people calling them scrubs and denouncing their tastes because they shared an opinion.

Responding to someone who said "its the best and everyone else is a fool for posting lame shit" ? and posting examples of my own? maybe you lacked the context.

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
Responding to someone who said "its the best and everyone else is a fool for posting lame shit" ? and posting examples of my own? maybe you lacked the context.

You're now putting words in Skunk 's post, he never said lame shit, he said lame dances, which if you're really posting in good faith you wouldn't have the take you would.

Unless, of course, you agree that the Carlton dance or the Isla dance from American Dad are the pinnacle of dancing, which seems contradictory to your examples.

Sorry man, just not buying it. You wanted to dunk on him and flex your knowledge - it comes off as rude and condescending. I'm backing out on this thread, just found your posts very offputting.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
You're now putting words in Skunk 's post, he never said lame shit, he said lame dances, which if you're really posting in good faith you wouldn't have the take you would.

Unless, of course, you agree that the Carlton dance or the Isla dance from American Dad are the pinnacle of dancing, which seems contradictory to your examples.

Sorry man, just not buying it. You wanted to dunk on him and flex your knowledge - it comes off as rude and condescending. I'm backing out on this thread, just found your posts very offputting.

use the ignore function

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017

Uh. They are right. Go ahead and quote the part where I called anyone a fool. You can't, because I never said it.

I made a simple joke about how the moonwalk must be good if most of the posts in the thread to that point are The Carlton and Pee-Wee Herman and cartoons, then you came in with a condescending attitude putting words in my mouth (on more than one occasion now), slung insults, and now you've defended that behavior to someone else calling you out about it by again disingenuously misrepresenting what I said. And as they pointed out, this was all so you could floss that you breakdance?

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
Uh. They are right. Go ahead and quote the part where I called anyone a fool. You can't, because I never said it.

I made a simple joke about how the moonwalk must be good if most of the posts in the thread to that point are The Carlton and Pee-Wee Herman and cartoons, then you came in with a condescending attitude putting words in my mouth (on more than one occasion now), slung insults, and now you've defended that behavior to someone else calling you out about it by again disingenuously misrepresenting what I said. And as they pointed out, this was all so you could floss that you breakdance?

TBH, I didn't even take your response as a joke, it was an apt observation - there were really no 'real' contenders, but could also be because the audience (era posters) aren't really on the up and up about dance moves and would rather go for the sarcastic 'zinger'

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
the most iconic yes but not the coolest. I always thought MJ's gliding in a circle was way cooler.

And yes it's not his original move but he perfected it the way nobody else did before him. That's why it'll be always tied to him

Last edited: