• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Team?

• No Reveal

• Reveal

Results are only viewable after voting.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Revealing Master Chief's face has long been a point of discussion in the Halo community, especially when it comes to extended media; the upcoming ShowTime series, for example. The Mandalorian is still only on episode 3, but I think it's safe to say you don't need to reveal Master Chief's face in order to effectively convey emotion. Not only The Mandalorian, but there are plenty of faceless characters where this rings true.

So, how do you feel?

#TeamNoReveal

EDIT:
  • Yes, I already said other faceless characters exist lol. Read the OP.
  • The point is The Mandalorian has made it work in 3 episodes and will continue to make it work, unless his face completely replaces his helmet.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen Mandalorian but you do not need to show Master Chief's face.

Also, please watch Dredd if you haven't

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Revealing Master Chief's face has long been a point of discussion in the Halo community, especially when it comes to extended media; the upcoming ShowTime series, for example. The Mandalorian is still only on episode 3, but I think it's safe to say you don't need to reveal Master Chief's face in order to effectively convey emotion. Not only The Mandalorian, but there are plenty of faceless characters where this rings true.

So, how do you feel?

#TeamNoReveal
I agree, but I'm also convinced the Mandalorian's taking his helmet off before the show wraps....

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i just want to see the bottom half of the face and nothing else

like in Dredd

shutterstock_1940018b.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know Judge Dredd has been a thing for a long time now right?

Stallone doesn't count.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
It's been a running thing so long now that them revealing it would have absolutely no hype or stakes behind it.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

So, how do you feel?

#TeamNoReveal

I'll eat my own imaginary hat if the Mandalorian doesn't take his helmet off at the end of the show.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, why reveal his face now.
What do people expect, he's just gonna look like a guy.
It's not like it's a mystery how he looks

Not like he's gonna take his helmet off and it's like Gordon Freeman under there.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Halo TV series is not canon to the rest of the media and is it's own continuity anyway. So either way it won't matter.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
No need to reveal.

But why would a three episodes of a show make me feel any different than the multitude of games over almost 2 decades now?

Mozar

Oct 4, 2019
so far there have been only 3 episodes, they can reveal it by the end of the season or later

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We know who is playing The Mandalorian, so we know his face. The difference there is that we have no idea how Master Chief really looks like.

But to be honest, I don't mind not revealing.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched it, but I really like what Noir did in the role of playing Noir on The Boys. Such an awesome method actor, and one of my favorite characters on the show. I didn't need to ever see his face.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Reveal of MC's face would be as dumb as giving Link a voice. Let's stop trying to make everything as beige as possible.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
we are literally only 3 episodes in, how do you know they won't try to make a reveal later.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I double doubt they aren't going to show the Mandalorians face within the next two episodes.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
In the best Star Wars movie we see Jango and Boba's faces, and the world was better for it. I like that I can both identify Jango as a cool faceless killer, and as a charming dad who just wants the best for his incest son.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't bother me either way, I'm more worried about his armour actually working in live action.

Man gotta eat too. Wait does he eat?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
The fact that they adressed it in the third episode garantees that he will take it off.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm... You must be new to Star Wars

maxresdefault.jpg

Also the Mandalorian's only took to not remving their helmets/hiding their identity after specific events in that universe.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Reveal ! Even though it's a double edged sword : there's no fun in not knowing BUT the truth is almost always disappointing.
I remember watching videos of Dark Souls characters "unmasked" : Solaire, Lautrec, Astorias, Seigmeyer, Tarkus, Havel, etc. It was fun discovering them.

That said if it's for a comical effect I accept it.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I thought halo showed that you don't need to show master chiefs face. The absence of something is often better, especially with iconic characters like the chief. You an never satisfy anyone with a face for a character like that, everybody imagines a different one.