• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
54 to a 69 Metacritic isn't anything to sneeze at and points to major strides being made between the two games. Has there been a bigger jump in quality between 2 games of the same series this console generation?

Last edited:

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I for one thought Knack 2 was a huge improvement and very enjoyable. Not great but provided good entertainment.

Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind a 3 see if they could improve even further. Fun game to coop with the kids

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Assassin's Creed Unity to Syndicate?

I feel like there hasn't been a ton of same-gen sequels this generation unless it's an annual release.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
How many series have even seen same-gen sequels this generation?

Knack, Mortal Kombat, Five Nights at Freddys, Hitman, and annual sports/racing franchises are all I can think of.

Edit: oh right, ^

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Nothin' wrong with likin' a little Knack
tumblr_inline_o8usunX4SD1qgck7s_500.gif

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure why you feel the need to grasp for these straws, but here we are.

It's an average sequel to an average game. There are decent moments in both but they are few and far between. There's nothing worthy of praise in either game.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there aren't a lot of series sequel within one console gen this gen to begin with. There were 3 Uncharted games on PS3, only 1 (DLC and remasters don't count) on PS4.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Divinity Original Sin, with the bonus of both games being good.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When I think about it, it seems like in-gen sequels (i.e. NOT something like God of War) have been pretty safe this generation.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
not even close. Assassin's Creed Unity to Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Unity is meh and very very buggy even to this day and the other is a GOTY contender.

Neosp

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Consistent threadwhining, prior infraction for same. Account in junior phase.
I spend the day using the "Ignore Thread" button on this forum...jesus christ...E3 rumors/info save us!!!

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I think the Jump from Titanfall to Titanfall 2 is more impressive.

Watch Dogs to Watch Dogs 2 is also more impressive.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Assassin's Creed Unity to Syndicate?

I feel like there hasn't been a ton of same-gen sequels this generation unless it's an annual release.

That was a sideways move - Syndicate did a lot less with building interiors (for example) and as someone who only got to Unity after all the most egregious bugs were patched out I think it's a superior AC game to Syndicate in its environmental immersion.

Syndicate wins on better characters (Evie anyway - Jacob is a tool) & better traversal with the grappling gun, but I never felt as 'in' London as I did Paris.

DrScissorsMD

Banned
Jan 19, 2019
From entirely unremarkable to sort of unremarkable. What a leap.