• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
No crash for me
1 instance of stuttering in an odd place (traversing a small room, i guess it decided to act as a loading portal )
1 instance of prompts (the vision thing) staying on indefinitely until the next cutscene, in a very very late chapter
1 instance of "the Rat" being stuck in a pillar
The death by fall are still so disconnected to the rest in term of quality... Uncharted fall effect, but that's not QA's work.

a few times when my weapons had full ammo, i had trouble trying to open a cupboard located beneath the ammo showing FULL, they should have made the cupboard prioritized over non-pickable stuff. But that's not a bug either, design issue.

I finished the game, got about a half of the collectibles/journal entries i think.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Call it anything you want but having "the worst quality checked naughty dog game" it sure as heck ain't. I guess at the end of the day YMMV but the only bugs that I've ever encountered was character just having a slow ass time opening a drawer or something.

Hype-Lord

Jan 8, 2019
Moscow, Russia
I only had one crash in my entire playthrough and no other problems. I feel like they somehow broke the game after the release (I beat it at the beggining of June) or I just was extremely lucky

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I've just had one animation bug where my character somehow had her hand virtually still attached to a door. So her arm was always pointing in the direction of said door, no matter what i did. Had to restart the game to get rid of it. But appart from that, pretty smooth experience.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
I had the courthouse bug that wouldn't let me descend to the parking garage via the rope. Letting go would result in death. Reloading various saves did nothing. I uninstalled the game off of my external drive and reinstalled on the internal drive and had to replay the chapter. I just finished Seattle Day 2 and haven't had an issue since then and I'm hoping to goodness I don't.
I have a same sort of a bug.
I go down a rope and it tells you to drop down and when i do i fall to my death. I survived once but the level dindt load further, its a known bug i hope the fix is here soon.

Here better explained: https://www.gosunoob.com/the-last-of-us-2/seattle-courthouse-elevator-bug/
I finished it and had quite a few bugs i had the same rope bug you did but very early in the game when you have to drop down into the Elevator in the court house. The lower part of the level didn't load so Ellie just fell too her death and the only way to fix it was restarting the chapter. Also had the game get stuck on infinite loading screens a couple of times. There's also been a few animation bugs where Ellie will teleport around a corner to smack people with a pipe which i found quite funny.
Yeah I've hit this bug as well, I'd played a decent amount of that chapter before going to the courthouse. That website says Naughty Dog are aware of the issue and are working on a fix but I can't find any record of them saying that and they don't seem to have a support email (probably for good reasons looking the internet right now). I really don't want to restart the chapter but I also don't want to wait ages for a patch...

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't run into a single bug.

The only non-polished thing I saw was one slow texture load on a wooden plank after I turned around after crossing it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I had one bug in my playthrough, you had to move through a gap but it wouldn't let me, restarting the checkpoint fixed it.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to the section of the game the OP mentioned as being an issue. Thsnkf
Yeah I've hit this bug as well, I'd played a decent amount of that chapter before going to the courthouse. That website says Naughty Dog are aware of the issue and are working on a fix but I can't find any record of them saying that and they don't seem to have a support email (probably for good reasons looking the internet right now). I really don't want to restart the chapter but I also don't want to wait ages for a patch...
The good news is that once you know where things are, redoing the chapter goes by super fast. My initial swing through to explore every location took me two hours. My redo too a little over one. Just bite the bullet and reload.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had a moment where my right analogue stick just stopped working. Stayed that way until I died.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had like two instances where I would throw some glass and an enemy would come and inspect but would stay in that exact spot afterward instead of going back to wherever they came from. Pretty annoying when I have to go around them somehow.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so a lot more bugs here. PS4 Pro, internal HDD.

Just had a game breaking (at least till reloading checkpoint) bug where a section I had to climb didn't draw in correctly. Spent half an hour running and jumping to no avail until I reloaded the checkpoint and noticed the section I was trying to jump on had to actually be lower and it loaded in correctly when I restarted.

That same section
with Abby in the back of the Jeep shooting the scars on horses
was full of glitchy animations that killed the immersion. Characters freezing during animations, the enemies warping all over the place. Then at the end getting stuck in a weird, arms flailing animation opening a door.

Not good at all. Severe lack of polish and testing it would seem.

Hopefully it's all fixed for my second playthrough.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
OP are you still experiencing the same bugs as you did in the beginning?

Cartas

Oct 28, 2017
'Rings of Power' was certainly more buggy and unusual, so I suspect TLOU2 is not their least quality checked game. 😅

Thankfully I've yet to experience any bugs or crashes so far... so hopefully that doesn't change.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
I only had one "issue" throughout the game, issue in quotes because it wasn't game breaking in the slightest and I kinda egged on the situation to see if I could actually break the game. Basically, there was a moment where I gained control of my character directly after a cutscene, and I did my normal thing of swinging the camera around and seeing if there were areas I could explore to gather supplies before going down the path I know is intended. In doing so, I opened a door that I don't think was supposed to be openable, and crossed into an area of the world that wasn't loading because I wasn't supposed to be there. But I could cross in and out of that threshold without getting myself stuck. Can post the video tomorrow for anyone curious, started capturing it after I entered the door and came out and went back in a couple of times.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Only had one bug during
the scene on the farm with Dina. As Dina was outside, there was a random arrow I could pick up just floating in the air, and because Ellie had no backpack, it just put a floating arrow on my back while I carried JJ lmao

But nothing game breaking.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
After being nearly finished with the game, I still haven't experienced any bugs or problems except one crash early on (about three hours in).

Oct 27, 2017
I've only encountered two bugs. One teleported Ellie back to the top of a staircase because I was crawling down said staircase. The second one was missing textures/lighting on an certain area. Elements on the background looked like bright green and yellow untextured mess.

Besides that? Nothing really.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Completed it yesterday. Had no issue. Only a small loading glitch with the textures just loading. I have a PS4 slim. No game breaking bugs or anything.
I use an HDD though and not an SSD.

fivestarman

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about 18hrs in and for how the game looks and feels, I think it's fantastic how well it runs on my OG launch PS4.

The only glitch I've encountered was a visual one where Ellie's arm freaked out after picking up something from a drawer while crouching.

zI3ZWscr.jpg

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Naw. When I played Uncharted 2 at launch I fell through the level fighting Lazarevic right before he died. Had to begin all over.

LoUPII I only had one glitch and it was while fighting a boss and when it resolved itself I had won the battle.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Only bug I found was if I took cover in a specific spot and then turned the camera a certain direction, the entire environment disappeared.

Lordys

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about 18hrs in and for how the game looks and feels, I think it's fantastic how well it runs on my OG launch PS4.

The only glitch I've encountered was a visual one where Ellie's arm freaked out after picking up something from a drawer while crouching.

zI3ZWscr.jpg
Got the same problem here, need to reload my save to get my arm fixed xO (probably the same drawer).

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018

zI3ZWscr.jpg
You've inspired me to upload my video. Let me find it.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
The rope physics once acted funny. It was endlessly wiggling like a snake before I picked it up again. Aside from that, didn't experience any bug.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
After 34 hours I beat game, and only noticed 3 glitches. All minor ones.

One where I accidentally fell off a platform and landed in a spot the game didn't want me to be. Resulted in the camera freaking out until I started walking.

Another where during one section when I would aim the camera to look at my characters face during a stealth kill, the lighting coming from the flashlight on the characters body would be wrong. The flashlight would be pointing to the left of the character, but the light coming from the flashlight would show up behind the character.

Lastly, there was a wooden door I came across with rapidly flickering bullet holes that would appear/disappear on the door's texture.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

zI3ZWscr.jpg
Same problem at this exact section. Reload checkpoint, sorted.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
8 hours in and it seems super polished to me considering its scale and visuals....the only thing that happened very early on was the horses tail started spinning round like a helicopter.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I had one bug where the AI companion didn't load their script properly, and couldn't proceed with the sequence. Loading the checkpoint solved that.

Also had some minor bugs where characters clip slightly with the evironment. Those were very minor though.

Other than that, the game seems to be very polished.

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game, only glitch I ever noticed was one person dying from a Molotov but they didn't catch fire (just going through the animation as if they were on fire).

Literally the only thing I saw in a game this massive and detailed.....it's pretty fucking impressive.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In our playthrough we had some funny bugs like arms suddenly detaching lol. From all ND games so far this is the buggiest one for me, but could be unlucky this time.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I only encountered one bug. It's when
you're with Tommy in the flashback scene sniping infected. On the second part when the infected are going down the hill to eat the deer, either I killed them all and one didn't count or the last one didn't spawn. Tommy kept saying there was one more and there just wasn't anything there. Restarted the checkpoint and everything went smooth the second time.SPOILER]

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a few bugs, all visual. Texture pop-in, floors disappearing, everything except for enemies disappearing while in listen mode (which made me feel like a filthy cheater), and the prompt that shows up for enhanced listen mode getting permanently stuck on screen.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I had some prompts staying on screen at the first part of the game. Nothing else.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I got out of the water where i wasn't supposed to and went out of bounds.
Everything turned white and eventually i fell through the floor.

Aside from that yeah a couple glitches with animations and the first time i dismounted the horse in the middle of this very serious and dramatic sequence, Shimmer puts her front feet on a ledge 2mt high and decides she'd stay like that while i loot around.

Yeah I haven't encountered similar glitches in other ND games, but tbf this is by far the largest, most ambitious game ND (anyone?) ever did and I can't even begin to imagine what squashing bugs everywhere must have been like.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I encountered one visual bug (white screen with only characters remaining during a heavily scripted sequence) and one instance of ennemies popping up in from of me (almost ruined my perfect stealth of the section :P). Other than that, few frames drops but nothing deal breaking.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a few bugs, all visual. Texture pop-in, floors disappearing, everything except for enemies disappearing while in listen mode (which made me feel like a filthy cheater), and the prompt that shows up for enhanced listen mode getting permanently stuck on screen.
Of course, about 5 minutes of gameplay after posting this, I see my companion slide down an invisible rope and go straight through the floor and seemingly get stuck there. Had to restart the checkpoint.