• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rahvee

Mar 8, 2018
Hey, please don't talk about my favorite game this way. It's very hurtful to me. I love this game. I hold it very close to my heart.

OP
OP

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the issue is being caused by your hard drive? Maybe its not loading properly? Ive installed mine in an external SSD and no issues came up until the end.
That's the conclusion I came to as well, seeing as everything else should be identical to other users, tried clearing up some data so the installation will happen on different sectors, will see when it's finished.
The fact that re-starting the chapter doesn't fix it means either I'm really good at replicating it or there's a lower-level issue at play here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
considering it's covid and everyone work from home and i dont even know how QA do the triple A do with the quarantine

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
The only bug i've encountered so far (not sure if it even counts as a bug) was a few textures loading slowly on some street signs. It would look low res for a few seconds then the it will load the correct resolution.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
The only bug I've had is Ellie standing in place for a few seconds before grabbing an item. Only happened once, that's it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
About 20 hours in, not a single bug or issue yet. Arguably ND's most polished work to date imo.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Had a loading screen soft crash at around 8 hours. Nothing else I can think of off the top of my head.

Ridill

Oct 27, 2017
California
Wow that thread title. Hyperbole much? Every game has bugs, a lot of games have game breaking bugs. Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's an easily reproducible bug. Maybe QA didn't take your exact steps to reproduce it? Either way, sucks it happened to you, hope you can somehow get through that part. Good luck.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Any issue you have, chances are the QA team found it. It wasn't fixed because it was exceedingly difficult to reproduce or the dev team ran out of time.

Don't blame QA. They get shit on enough. And they don't decide what does and doesn't get fixed.

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
Only noticeable bugs I've seen are just culling issues, usually in buildings looking out of windows at certain positions/angles and you can see the far background of buildings disappear/reappear. Also had Dina stand in a doorway and wouldn't let me get out, so that forced a checkpoint restart.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I had a whole lot of bugs when I had the game on my external drive, but since moving it to the system drive I haven't encountered any problems. I just reached day 3 in Seattle.

Shit luck though, its never fun with gamebreaking bugs so I hope you'll manage to get past it OP.

Oct 27, 2017
6 hr in I've experienced a weird bug where I pick up an item/resource but when I open the backpack is not there. It happened like 7-8 times.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
No bugs or crashes. Game feels incredibly optimised. Them lightning fast saves and respawns are a godsend

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I had a bugged out broken baseball bat stuck to Ellie's leg and thought the sound of it smacking on the ground was weird experimental ambient music. I didn't see it until a cutscene started playing and it sucked out all the tension of the scene because I started giggling.

Luckily nothing major though.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
I had a bugged out broken baseball bat stuck to Ellie's leg and thought the sound of it smacking on the ground was weird experimental ambient music. I didn't see it until a cutscene started playing and it sucked out all the tension of the scene because I started giggling.

Luckily nothing major though.
Did you save the clip??

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This happened to me multiple times in different ways, sometimes I fall, sometimes the world disappears, wild shit.

(second half of the game)

The second half also had tons of missing textures or textures loading late, as well as faulty LOD.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Played for two days straight, and encountered a bug once so far - a glitched enemy walking animation.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
I've had 0 bugs. I'm wondering if it has to do with specific variant PS4 models or people using bad extended storage that isn't up to snuff. I have yet to see anything weird *knock on wood

PS4 Pro 7200 series, internal drive. Had to start the whole chapter over.
RMSxkrh.jpg

court house parking garage elevator shaft

Aug 27, 2018
You can see the exact point I'm struggling with here:
youtu.be

The Last of us 2 - The Descent (Seattle Day 2) Chapter 34 - Gameplay Walkthrough

The Last of us 2 - The Descent (Seattle Day 2) Chapter 34 - Gameplay Walkthrough The Last of us 2 gameplay on Moderate Difficulty This playthrough of the las...
it's that rope, no puzzle, just can't grab it.
Tried to restart the whole chapter and it didn't work sadly.
I actually had issues with this part as well, including falling to my death due to Ellie not grabbing the rope. After respawning the prompt showed up.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The AI partners are so much worse in this than the first game. They block me constantly, getting me killed in fights and sometimes just stopping me from progressing in tight areas altogether.

Dec 13, 2018
Game is absurdly polished, sorry you got unlucky.

The one glitch I had was Dina didn't follow me in a chase sequence so I killed everyone and walked back to her then she started running like we were trying to get away even though there was nobody shooting us, so it was entertaining

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
About 8 hours in, no major bugs or crashes so far. Just minor stuff like a couple bits of shrapnel floating in the air after a detonation and my horse didn't want to jump over an obstacle once, but that's it. I'd say Uncharted 3 was the buggiest one for me. Experienced a number of issues, some soft crashes, and Nathan went full on t-pose once.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Uncharted 3 in recent memory. Aiming was completely fucked that's a very serious over sight. I don't even know how the play testers played the game. Irc Jak 2 was riddles with issues or was it more of a game design issue, too long ago Can't remember. I haven't encounter any major bugs in Tlou2 beside some melee finish blow where the character hand is not grabbing the enemy head where it is supposed to. The game may also have more polishing issue due to covid19 and ppl working from home.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm the majority of the way through the game and it's one of the most polished clean things I've played. Sorry to hear about your experience.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Other than the trainwreck of a story it has I found this actually:

1:59 I'm sure its not something intentional

rataplein

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 Pro 7200 series, internal drive. Had to start the whole chapter over.
RMSxkrh.jpg

court house parking garage elevator shaft

i suffer the same glitch. it's annoying, and hoping to get a fix soon, i encountered it after a really long an open ended part fo the game, where i got several resources, weapons, story moments, conversations, etc. i'm not in the mood to play 2 to 3 hours of the game again, moreso when i feel that i played it just fine.

i've tested a lot of things, and the main cause the glitch is to restart the checkpoint at that short section. i did it by accident. and now i'm stuck.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've definitely had some bugs, including a progression bug where I couldn't throw a bottle and had to reload the checkpoint to fix. There definitely feels like more jank in it compared to Uncharted 4.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished it. Didn't have any game breaking bugs, but I did have two cutscenes that glitched on me. The second was really bad and I had to restart it a couple times to get it to work.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I was fighting some zombie person in the snow near a rock boundary and I super punched her into the stratosphere it was kind of funny but drew me out of the cinematic experience.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Might be your game is on external HDD, so far that was the issue solution for many? Otherwise, game breaking bugs are always a bummer.

See the shinra shaft glitch in FF7RE. Never happened to me but friend almost rage quitted the game.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't personally encountered anything but I saw a video where someone was playing and Ellies hand tried to reach out to grab onto her hourse and her arm glitched out and got stuck reaching out while she was on the horse lol. Her arm was going through her body reaching in the opposite direction

Was essentially this but through her body coming out the other arm socket lmao.

Meme-s-Facepalm-Meme-Decal__05209.1510982880.jpg

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The AI partners are so much worse in this than the first game. They block me constantly, getting me killed in fights and sometimes just stopping me from progressing in tight areas altogether.
Really? I've literally never had it happen, and I'm almost to the end if I'm charting events properly.

I found the npc's infinitely more distracting in the first than this one.