• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

would you be excited for Killzone on PS5?

• yes

Votes: 350 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 278 44.3%

• Total voters

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
What do you think? Will we ever see another Killzone, specifically on PS5?

Wasn't my favourite franchise, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't absolutely love the feel of the guns/gunplay in every release, and it was always a graphical powerhouse. I feel like its a franchise that never lived up to its potential. As it has some pretty interesting lord behind it.

y'all down for more killzone?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be too shocked if that other game Guerilla is working on with some ex-Siege dev's is a MP only Killzone game.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's just taking a much needed breather and it'll come back soon as something else entirely. Maybe an RPG Killzone a la' Deus Ex?

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Hope not. I would prefer a sequel closer to Killzone 1 and 2 instead of how they made things look in the previous Killzone.

1 and 2 felt well gritty to me. I loved it.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully it comes back. Amazing franchise.

I'd kil for a PS5 Complete Remaster of Killzone 2.

Think MW Remastered, but on PS5

Jul 18, 2018
Guerrilla Games has been expanding their work force aggressively last time i checked. I wouldn't doubt they would bring back Killzone 5 for the new console. It just makes sense bringing a wide FPS multiplayer game with new tech/graphics for the console that people at least know of

Oct 31, 2017
I bought K2 late last year, 1/Liberation a few weeks ago and 3 a few days ago lol

I'd like to see a new one but they need to take their time and not rush development like what they supposedly did with Shadowfall.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I hope it's just sleeping. It's one of my favorite console FPS franchises, warts and all. I'm hoping for another launch title, cause Shadowfall multiplayer was lit.

Even better, give me the next Killzone 2.

Also Warzone is the greatest mode ever for team-based PVP.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird for the thread title to have one question and the poll an entirely different one.

Anyway, Killzone should remain dead. GG should do better things with their time.

Oct 25, 2017
There is no such thing as "dead" for video game franchises. As long as nostalgia sells, Killzone will come back someday.

Oct 29, 2017
I would love to see them take a crack at KZ again with the team they currently have. It always seemed like a series that just never quite lived up to its potential.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
A lesson I've learned over the years:

When you wonder if a franchise is dead or not, it probably is.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I've played through them all as "showcases" on PlayStation, but never particularly loved the franchise. Shadow Fall had the best art direction, but gameplay was kinda meh.

If they can take the visual direction they went with Shadow Fall and make a better game I'd be onboard I guess.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they ruined it with 3 and Shadowfall. Running after that COD crowd failed big time.
Peak fun during that Era was Killzone2 multiplayer and Gears of War.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the weird edge cases who liked Killzone 1 better than Killzone 2, but as far as I am concerned Killzone has always been a really interesting sandbox for FPS design that is vaguely misleading based on initial impressions.

This series has a ton of great ideas left to tap into or revisit, I just wonder how much people really care about the primary setting or worldbuilding, and if that energy wouldn't be better spent on a new IP instead of revisiting the same one. These days I get my fix of interstellar future combat/gunplay from the Titanfall universe, in a way that makes the Killzone universe feel redundant.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Hope not. I would prefer a sequel closer to Killzone 1 and 2 instead of how they made things look in the previous Killzone.

1 and 2 felt well gritty to me. I loved it.
This is the thing, if they return to the gritty style of the first two Killzone's, Guerrilla Games could hit it out of the park. Killzone Shadow Fall wasn't a bad game at all but it didn't really capture the same atmosphere.

I'd say give them a chance to reboot the franchise. I'm absolutely confident it'd work out.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's just in hibernation. It'll be back someday. I suspect after Horizon 2.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
I want them to focus on Killzone SF MP game design and make a full game from it. KSF single player was a very average game, but the MP was incredibly fun.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I think they could revisit it next get but HZD is miles ahead of anything else GG has made to date (I fully admit they I never cared much for Killzone 2 MP). HZD 2 seems like a no brainer.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'd rather them make an entirely different type of shooter honestly.

Kill zone had its chance. It never really rose above okay and its appeal relied almost entirely on the enemies cool visuals.

I'd vastly rather see Insomniac do another Resistance game.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
GG wouldn't have to necessarily be working on it, right? sony IP, so that opens up the possibility a little

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Guerrilla is one of the most capable devs out therel. I hope they continue to branch out with Horizon and New IPs and never touch killzone again. In a flood of AAA shooters Killzone is mediocre at best. Heck I would be more interested in them making a different shooter IP than going back. No bueno

Marengo

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to see KZ go third person with vehicles, maybe open world. Kinda like GR Wildlands.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so! It's too generic and uninspiring to warrant future investment. GG has the talent to make a far more essential and invigorating series as they did with Horizon.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope it is. When a franchise has 4 console games across 3 generations and still doesn't take off it's time to let it go.

Feb 8, 2018
I can't say yes or no when I don't know what a next KZ would even be.
I hope so! It's too generic and uninspiring to warrant future investment. GG has the talent to make a far more essential and invigorating series as they did with Horizon.
If you can turn generic into exciting and uninspiring to inspiring then this is part of the talent.

Last edited:

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
If Killzone's generic and uninspired then I'll happily take more of it, if it's along the lines of the first three games. Shadowfall was a bit of a misstep, although the multiplayer was fun.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would need a serious overhaul, it always felt really clunky and sluggish - but the last one just felt all over the place it's like they built an area and said let's just keep them in this area for a while and keep spawning enemies infront and then behind