• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is it good or bad

• It's good

Votes: 329 30.3%
  • It's bad

Votes: 328 30.2%
  • It's all right

Votes: 350 32.2%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 79 7.3%

• Total voters

DreamRunner

Banned
Sep 14, 2020
It's bad.I remember watching it back when it came out and I couldn't believe how bad it was.I just wanted it to end so I can go home.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
It's rough. Not a good one.

1989, Dark Knight, Returns are the "good" ones.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
It's alright. A bit disappointing because it follows two amazing movies, but doesn't reach their levels of quality.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
It has good bits but it also has a lot of dumb bits and felt weird as a conclusion to this trilogy to me.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
It's not great but I find it highly enjoyable because of Bane

The quotes are just too good
I do like the scene where Bane reveals the truth about Harvey Dent... that was well-paced and executed well.
For you

I actually find it annoying in that scene how it seems the dialogue isn't synced with Hardy's movements or he's over acting or something, but he has this moment where he adds way too much head bobbing as he's talking. It annoys me a lot for some reason.

Right at the end here:

ShadyGranularGlobefish-size_restricted.gif

ugh lmao

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Large in scale but has some pretty poor directing choices (like wtf with the bane voice). It's biggest sin is having basically no growth for Batman/Bruce. Divorced from the other films this may have not been a problem but as the final in the trilogy it feels weird.

MrZaha

Jan 9, 2018
It's not great but I find it highly enjoyable because of Bane

The quotes are just too good

For you

I actually find it annoying in that scene how it seems the dialogue isn't synced with Hardy's movements or he's over acting or something, but he has this moment where he adds way too much head bobbing as he's talking. It annoys me a lot for some reason.

Right at the end here:

ShadyGranularGlobefish-size_restricted.gif

ugh lmao
I actually liked the head nodding part. Pretending to care.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Its just alright.

The only reason it angers people so is because the second movie was insanely rewatchable and this one isn't. On its own its not a bad movie, and if it hadn't been released after TDK it would have been accepted better overall IMO. Same with the second Avengers movie.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Its actually a good movie if you remove all the Talia scenes.
That death scene hurts even more when you realize that all that build up for her was for absolutely nothing. Even her takedown of Batman was weak. What a waste of Marion Cotilard.
Doubly weird is that Gordon is in the van but remains completely unscathed, whereas she dies. Wtf. Id imagine the force of a crash will shatter your boned if you're just hanging around in the back of a van.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It's not great to begin with and deviates just as much, in entirely different ways, from what Batman is as Snyder's take does. Bruce is somehow capable of 'not' being Batman for such a long period that this version of the character barely has a rogues gallery at all? And then he comes back and is barely in the film.

If the first two had better set it up it could have been better. Like, if we actually had a GCPD we knew and cared about outside of Gordon... but we didn't do Bats is taken out and it's a bunch of minor characters running around and then, if I recall, the finale is during the day time? In a Batman movie? I don't get it.

(As an aside, why does Gotham look progressively less like Gotham the further into the Nolan series you go?)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
After TDK it's such a massive let down.

If it existed on its own it would be ok...

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's Nolan's weakest film by FAR - which is to say that it's still better than 99% of films out there.

It's The Godfather III of Batman films.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Just abysmally embarrassingly awful. I hated everything about it and I truly enjoyed Begins/The Dark Knight.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Its the follow-up to one of the most impressive pieces of cinema of all time, so it was bound to have a hard time. However, even considering that, I think its only alright.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It's a deeply flawed but entertaining film. Definitely the worst of the Nolan trilogy but I wouldn't call it a bad movie. Tom Hardy is fun to watch as Bane. Most of the film is beautifully shot. It just has some really odd writing choices.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I don't actually know. I was in a weird place where I found TDK to be an amazing film, but also one I didn't particularly like...so when reviews said Rises wasn't as good, I just didn't bother with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Too many stupid shit in there for me to call it good.

The nonsense stock market thing. The nonsense broken spine thing. The nonsense prison thing. The nonsense brawl thing. The nonsense I know you are Batman thing. The nonsense 'send all cops to the sewer thing'. The nonsense cops staying at sewer for months but they look like supermodels when they're finally out thing.

Too many.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Overrated series and this is the worst of the lot. The only good part is Bruce climbing out of a well.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
It's a comedy. I don't know how you can turn your brain off to all the plot holes. You could feel Nolan's indifference to this movie.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty high rn but I'll try to answer.

The plot is tooooooooo convoluted and confusing - even on repeated viewings - to be good.

They tried to do another crazy/cool opening scene - and don't get me wrong, this scene has spectacle galore - but you're left sitting there thinking "what the fuck just happened and who the fuck were these people?"

And by the time the whole nuclear bomb thing gets going and they reintroduce the physicist you've forgotten about that dumb scene.

I also hate how they keep referencing this major plot moment that happened BEFORE the movie, when there was some clean energy project and they killed it and there's romantic history etc - all of this shit is too much to keep in mind while also trying to make sense of the stock market thing that bankrupted Wayne for whatever reason and there was a cool bike chase?

The Bane fight scene is still cool as fuck to me (even though it's sometimes not super well choreographed) but Bane is totally neutered by the dumb twist that calls back to the first movie which wasn't called back to AT ALL in Dark Knight so woopdee fuck, and that basically ruins the movie on repeated viewings.

The whole nuclear bomb thing would've suited riddler better, and it would've been a good opportunity to focus on batman as the smart detectiv guy too. The whole "Bruce died but wait autopilot worked" but wait how would he have escaped the blast

I loved everything about JGL and AH's journeys (except for JGL's dumb reasoning for knowing who batman is) and all that side of the movie, loved the ending (I like the happy Bruce ending fuck off)-

But...yeah. It's no Begins which I love as much as Dark Knight, and it's no Dark Knight. Not sure what the fuck happened.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a fucking mess and has a bunch of terrible scenes.
But it gets by on atmosphere and being a decent emotional climax to the trilogy.
I enjoy watching it but won't pretend it's technically good.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
One of the most disappointing theater experiences I've had after how much I loved The Dark Knight. It's a bad movie.

Dec 21, 2017
Not the best followup to a great movie.

I'd say it's good. 7/5-8/10

Nolan's a great visual storyteller/cinematographer, so you've got that going on. Bane memes are great. The plot sort of fizzles out near the endgame, but Nolan actually gave Batman a decent ending.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
It's bloated and a lot of it doesn't make any sense.

The last movie to confuse me as much in the theater was Attack of the Clones.

Was left questioning myself, is this movie stupid or am I not getting something?

Last edited:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck me, I guess I can't fit in with the cool crowd here, but I love it.

One of my favorite comic book films, and huge in scale and spectacle without absurd CG monster fights at the end.

Bane is a dope villain.

Love how dark the second half is. Feels almost like an entirely different film after the football game.

The last three minutes are great.

Everything just feels BIG.