• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
According to Target, Xbox One is $60 and Series is $70.

www.target.com

The Callisto Protocol - Xbox One

Read reviews and buy The Callisto Protocol - Xbox One at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

www.target.com

The Callisto Protocol - Xbox Series X

Read reviews and buy The Callisto Protocol - Xbox Series X at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Playstation 4/5 is also $60/70.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Smart Delivery is an option for publishers, so Krafton/Striking Distance just decided not to use it.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
They also have a marketing deal with Sony, I doubt they would like to see that the current-gen version of the game is 10 bucks cheaper on the other console.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I thought this was a next gen only game? I must have been mistaken

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Does Smart Delivery require one price tag for both? Might have to do with charging $70 for the next gen versions

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Boo. Smart Delivery is awesome* and most games aren't worth $70 so I'll probably wait for a sale. Oh well, my backlog isn't getting any smaller.

*Though I would like the option to download the last-gen games so I can use them on my giant old-school drives.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That means this is a wait for a deep sale type game. I'll be damned if I spend $70 on one videogame

Oct 25, 2017
Another reminder that smart delivery is a technology solution, not a pricing policy. Don't be surprised if we see support for smart delivery greatly diminish for third party AAA.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another reminder that smart delivery is a technology solution, not a pricing policy. Don't be surprised if we see support for smart delivery greatly diminish for third party AAA.
Yes, it was never advertised as a requirement for all games. Smart Delivery is in place for all first party games but it's up to the discretion of third party publishers on whether they want to use it.

Honestly Smart Delivery is going to matter less and less though as time goes on and last-gen versions are no longer being developed.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
They also have a marketing deal with Sony, I doubt they would like to see that the current-gen version of the game is 10 bucks cheaper on the other console.
Don't think this really has anything to do with it. Sony has a smart delivery alternative. They can just offer free upgrades like tons of other games do. Publishers are just less willing to give free upgrades 2 years into the new console gen.

Det

Jul 30, 2020

Huh? Plenty of AAA 3rd party titles are $60 across both PS4/PS5, it's only their 1st party they have control over. This makes no sense.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

I kind of doubt that matters. If they want the current gen version to be $60 with a free upgrade they could have done that on both systems. Even without the smart delivery system, it's still possible to have free upgrades on PS, it's just not as smooth. It's more likely that they just decided to follow the next gen tax of several other publishers

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I hate this. But I am glad it's only 5 Euros more in Germany.
One can easily get those 5 Euros discounted through the Rewards program and claim the price was the same as the last gen version.
That's how I did it with Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
not buying a $70 game so guess its a wait for a sell

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Love that the market is saturated with all types of games to play, so I never feel the need to spend $75 on a video game day 1 and I can find it at a discount down the line after reviews and updates happen.

Also never thought I would be turning to disk more and more in this digital marketplace, but man the discounts and trade ability of disk are coming clutch this gen with $75 games popping up.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
I also thought this was current gen only, are we going to have 0 triple A current gen games in 2022?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm not buying your fucking games at $70

If you want to lower your overhead, get rid of your board of directors. If you want to compare development costs to 30 years ago, compare install bases as well, compare manufacturing costs of physical distribution and include how much money you'd have to spend to reach half the people that a Steam spotlight or any storefront spotlight does, let alone all the other ways your product reaches people. Compare post release monetization as well, see how much you sell skins on the super nintendo if you want to compare them 1-1. Greedy cunts. Sony opts to charge $70 for Gran Turismo just to sell hundreds and hundreds of dollars of DLC afterwards, it was never about recouping costs.

Fuck these companies.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I will not pay $100CAD+ for a cross generation game. An extra $10 for better frame rates and resolution, things that are already free for a PC release? It's such an insane proposal to me, and should be called out every single time.

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
really hope they last gen version doesn't play like ass. otherwise I could get it for sale later hmmm

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a day 1 for me if it''s good. PS5 or PC for me. Space horror is my favorite genre and this looks very promising. I don't really have a problem with 70 bucks, but that's different from person to person.