• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny I saw this thread, since I literally just ordered myself a new 4K TV (upgrade from an old 1080P one from several years ago). I went with the TCL 50S535, since it's going for a little under $450 CDN right now on Amazon for the 50", which is perfect for where I want it.

From the reviews I've read the only big complaints are that it doesn't get overly bright (not really an issue for me, since I'll be using it in a dark room) and no VRR. Given how new the latter technology is, I'm not overly comfortable with spending double the price for it when I'll probably want to upgrade again in a few years, and $450 is cheap enough so I don't feel guilty in buying a new one in a couple years when the prices come down a bit and the VRR technology is more widespread and stable. I figure going from a basic LCD 1080P TV to one with 4K + QLED + HDR + Dolby Vision is worth it for me.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely look into TCL, OP. It is currently one of the best value sets on the market right now.

Edit: nevermind. I see you went with the most premium tv on the planet. Dayum.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
source.gif
Lmao

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth it if it's an OLED display, if not then there's no reason to spend that much just for the resolution bump.

Edit: you made the right choice, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.