• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
What do you think of the timing of the announcement? I think it is pretty weird but I guess there must be reasons behind it we don´t know. If I were Kojima Productions, I would have waited at least one month to announce the port. That way, PS4 users wouldn´t be that angry for the announcement (if that makes sense). On the other hand, people who were supersure of buying the game would do that nonetheless. I think theres enough hype and curiosity out there to make people not wait for it. I guess that what they tought?

In my case, not being a big fan of Kojima, but being curious for the game, I will definitely wait for it. I had the idea that if the game wouldn´t release on PC never I would buy it for PS4 sooner or later. But now... I can wait as I said. Also, my PC (GTX 1060) is more powerful than my PS4 (slim model). Also, I hope I could play it with the Switch Pro Controller (pure love).

What´s your opinion on this? Are you going to buy the game no matter what? Now, knowing that the game is coming for PC, are you going to make the effort to be patientt? Are there any cases of cancelled preorders because of the rage?

Just kidding, help me think about this interesting topic.

Edit: It may be interesting or relevant for the discussion to remember that Sony is not publishing the PC version.

Last edited:

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe ever so slightly

I assume most people buy a Kojima game for the experience though, so probably not.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not, a tiny percent yes, but that's a vocal minority it's not going to matter

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Not really. I think the reviews are more likely to affect sales of the game on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to boldly claim that there will be at least one person who waits for the PC version, thus affecting the sales of the game

Please stop throwing tomatoes at me just because I am technically correct

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Among the people who have a good PC and a PS4 probably only a few are going to wait until summer. So it won't have very noticeable effect.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Of course it will. Not by a lot but of course there's people who only buy exclusives on console.

I wanted to get a Pro to play DS and TLOU2 but I have nixed those plans because of this and the delay.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Timing of the announcement was very suspect TBH. May have been something went sideways with Sony and Kojima.

KingLear

Oct 25, 2017
As excited as i am for the new kojima game i think i'll wait for the pc version on this one. This quarter's stacked enough where i don't mind the wait.

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird timing for them to admit there's a PC version right now, but no I don't think it will have an important impact on PS4 version sales.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Not really.

Most people buying this day one are more interested in being part of the conversation and not getting spoiled on whatever weirdness Kojima might have set up.

Weeniekuns

Oct 27, 2017
Ill wait for reviews... if the performance on PS4 Pro is sub-optimal, I'll wait for PC release

Its also the type of game that will probably look better on my Living Room OLED vs IPS PC monitor

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
No man smh...

like 100'ppl in total are gonna not get the game now on PS4 cuz they have awesome PC's already. Even with them many will just double dip and trade in the Ps4 version after completing to be a part of the launch hype.

No offense but this topic is so ridiculous, Sony isn't dumb.

Oct 25, 2017
The PC version will be worth more to me because the game has online features and I don't want anything locked behind a PS Plus subscription. So I have no reason to go for the PS4 version any more.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on who you ask. There are some people I've seen already saying that they're pissed it's no longer a PS4 exclusive. Another that said they're cancelling their pre-order for the PS4 version, etc.

But I mean... it's probably just the vocal minority for stuff like that. I doubt there's going to be much impact.

cta2417

Jan 10, 2018
I can tell you for a fact it will affect sales as I am canceling my preorder for ps4 and will pick it up on pc later down the line. Granted this is 1 sale but you didn't specify how much and I am in fact cancelling my preorder

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
It definitely affected my purchase decision. was going to get it at launch but now I'll happily wait 6 months for the superior version. Works out for me to be honest since I'll have more time to go through my game pass backlog now since I have no interest in any other game for the rest of the year.