• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Villager just has super strength but not invulnerability. I haven't seen a tarantula move a lighthouse. And I don't think Villager has ever tried to punch a tarantula.
A tarantula's bite is not medically dangerous, it's just some mild to moderate stinging pain for a few hours. The fact that the villager passes out instantly from being bitten by a tarantula means the villager isn't just "not invulnerable", but has an extremely low pain tolerance.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I mean for it just to be able to harm something that can move lighthouses with ease it has to be pretty strong. Tarantula's just aren't interested in lighthouses. The villager knows it can't beat the tarantula, that's why it captures it. For it knows the futility of trying to fight the strongest being on the island.
Thank you for allowing me to read the sentence "Tarantulas just aren't interested in lighthouses."

A tarantula's bite is not medically dangerous, it's just some mild to moderate stinging pain for a few hours. The fact that the villager passes out instantly from being bitten by a tarantula means the villager isn't just "not invulnerable", but has an extremely low pain tolerance.
It might not be from pain, but an acute case of arachnophobia.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for allowing me to read the sentence "Tarantulas just aren't interested in lighthouses."

It might not be from pain, but an acute case of arachnophobia.
I have a hard time believing an arachnophobic villager would smile and hold the tarantula in their bare hand after catching one.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
My headcanon as far as Smash Bros goes is that Villager/Isabelle's power is being the ultimate Renaissance Man. They're basically experts at anything they try, including feats of intense manual labor like stump removal, or an ace with a slingshot, or a perfect gardener.