• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tartar sauce and fries: An acceptable combo?

• Yes

Votes: 320 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 85 19.9%
  • "I got so much tartar, I don't have to dip my fishsticks in shit." -Mitch Hedberg

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Just asking. It's okay for fish and chips so it should be good just for fries right? Also would you dip nuggets into it?

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
You should do whatever you like, me personally that sounds disgusting and I wouldn't do it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a weird thing to break out if you're not already eating fish, but if it's on the table, go for it.

I just sort of dip fries in whatever sauce the main dish came with. Barbecue sauce, gravy, tartar sauce, whatever's on hand. Fries are flexible that way.

Oct 25, 2017
Europeans dip that shit in mayo.
giphy.gif

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
With my fish and chips i use the tartar sauce and combine it with ketchup (a lot of ketchup) and eat everything in my plate off that combination.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it's tasty. Tartar sauce goes well with battered fish, why not battered taters?

Would also dip nugs in it but I'd dip nugs in anything.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Main ingredient is mayo and the other typical ingredients (pickle, lemon, capers, etc.) are fine for potatoes so I say yes. Sometimes I use it instead of mayo on a burger or sandwich when I'm trying to use it up.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Sour cream with hot sauce is my number one for everything

Tartar sauce is my number two for fries, fried fish, and fried chicken fingers

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Man. I'm at the point in my life where as long as it is acceptable for a human to eat you can dip your fries into anything.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Sounds good to me. I prefer ranch dressing or mayo. Ketchup is the worst condiment imo and I have no idea how that became a thing with fries in the states.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I fucking hate mayo and any other mayo type derivative sauces (tartar sauce, that Thousand Island special sauce they put in burgers).

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Is Dijon mustard an acceptable thing to dip carrots in?

Probably not but it's my stomach

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Tater sauce is an amazing condiment and should be used more often. It's fantastic with fries and vastly superior to ketchup.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer dry seasoning for my fries if the option presents itself, but I'll by no means gatekeep condiments. Use what you like.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Any condiment is appropriate for any occasion. That's why condiments exist. They're to accent foods. Use whatever the fuck you want. Fuck all ya'll ketchup haters.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not into it, but my daughter dipped her fry in some(thought it was ranch) she didn't bat an eye.