• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Even though pre-orders are live, and we are now officially just 8 weeks away from launch, there is still so much we haven't seen from the PS5.

- We have not seen anyone go hands on with the actual system.
- We haven't seen the device boot up.
- We haven't see a tear down or the internal arrangement / cooling setup (as hinted by Cerny back in March).
- Zero indication as to what the UI even looks like.
- No information on the NVME SSD slot, or the process of switching / adding on additional storage.
- No demonstration of a game actually booting up on the machine.
- No demonstration of switching games on the machine, or how older PS4 games will look/load on the device.
- No information at all on any new OS features.

All we've seen are some fancy renders of the console in the showcase videos.

Do we expect Sony to reveal any of this before launch?

Last edited:

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
NO!

yeah, they'll probably do a few more blog posts for the UI and BC, and a State of Play on launch week with an extended look on launch games

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Yes imo there will be weekly updates with blog posts and articles from now to launch.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
either early/mid october the UI walkthrough. probably justa blog post with the UX person

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
In fact, did anyone spot the m. 2 slot in the videos? I know we've only ever seen renders of the PS5.. But you know, maybe someone spotted it?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I falsely predicted they would put up a bunch of blog posts today and tomorrow about all that stuff. I'm sure we will get it before November, but I'm not real thrilled with the way things have been rolled out.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
You'd hope so. I feel like last night's showcase needed to be the beginning of a constant drip-feed.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
All of the stuff in the OP can easily be accomplished over the course of 2 months and it would be surprising it most of it isn't.

I was a little surprised we didn't get UI yesterday but that's a big enough deal they'd likely want to do it's own video in the coming weeks.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
disclaimer, I preordered a PS5 digital

But i doubt much will come out. Sony is very much on their high horse right now and I don't think they feel like they need to do anything, and it'll sell out anyway.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
yes 56 days out now we are gonna get shit every week up to launch. i want to know if that PAX hour is real for friday

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to see the OS. That said, I suspect due to COVID things like that are running behind and might not be ready to show. I remember Phil indicated getting the OS ready was more of a challenge than getting the hardware ready for Q4.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, two months of absolute silence. Even reviews will have to come after Jan 1st

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Whats left?
Breakdown and UI.
Shit must be a bore why they wasted no time on it or they plan to abuse influencers on revealing these smaller items.

OP
OP
Maple

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
In fact, did anyone spot the m. 2 slot in the videos? I know we've only ever seen renders of the PS5.. But you know, maybe someone spotted it?

I'm guessing this is it on the side?

k0MHwZg.png

xqXjaRh.png

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I sure hope they will show the UI and features of the console in the coming weeks.
I don't need a teardown, or a video of someone adding a SSD, but the features and the UI is a must.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hopefully there will be some of this info in the next few weeks/month. Perfect for blog posts, twitter drops, youtube videos etc.

Oct 28, 2017
They had shown the UI 8 months before the launch of the PS4. Sony engineer posted on LinkedIn a while ago that they were hoping to show it off very soon. Not sure what the delay is, but it being this late was definitely not planned.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
My hope is that between now and launch we get (at very least) weekly updates from Sony on a lot of these PS5 details.

We saw the back of the unit, we saw the list of specs (yay Wifi 6!!!!) but a lot of the *experience* stuff is missing.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we have only seen renders / promo images of the box and they are taking pre orders is wild.