• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to say it's VF6 and Kiryu will be in the line up. Also Vanessa will look more like her original design back in VF4.

You heard it here first.

But it's probably just a Segata Sanshiro thing

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
What is virtua fighters thing? Like mk has fatalities and tekken has the 3D arena, etc etc. never played one

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Simply based on the URL? because I must say that 6 looks very VF style...
looks more Segata Sanshiro style to me
5811503e-9d6e-43e9-8thk2y.jpeg

the hair is a dead giveaway, though

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are hoping for things that'll never happen.

Anyways it's clearly hinting at the fact Segata Sanshiro is going to return to tell us YOU MUST PLAY THE SEGA SATURN.....MINI!

And it'll have a whole bunch of games that're super rare &/or expensive and we can finally play Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers, Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru, and more!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Sega hates their catalog of old IP's apparently so no sadly :'(

I dunno, within in the past few years we've gotten new ChuChu Rocket, Shenmue, Super Monkey Ball, Space Channel 5, Panzer Dragoon, Streets of Rage, House of the Dead, Sakura Wars, Daytona USA, and Toejam & Earl games after long hiatuses. Heck, Phantasy Star Online 2 just days ago finally got a localized release after 8 years of waiting. It's a pretty good time to be a fan of old Sega IP.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, within in the past few years we've gotten new ChuChu Rocket, Shenmue, Super Monkey Ball, Space Channel 5, Panzer Dragoon, Streets of Rage, House of the Dead, Sakura Wars, Daytona USA, and Toejam & Earl games after long hiatuses. Heck, Phantasy Star Online 2 just days ago finally got a localized release after 8 years of waiting. It's a pretty good time to be a fan of old Sega IP.
I guess, but PSO2 Xbox paid for, SEGA doesn't own Toejam and Earl anymore that was kickstarted, Shenmue was kickstarted as well and Sega just allowed Yu Suzuki to use the IP. Super Monkey Ball came back with an HD remaster of a not good game imo. Don't know where there is a new Daytona or House of the Dead unless they are arcade exclusive which in that case I don't really care since there is no good arcades near me anymore.

The only one's I can give you tbh is Space Channel, Streets of Rage, and Sakura Wars.

EDIT: Also isn't the new ChuChu Rocket game exclusive to Apple Arcade? Don't even own an iPhone or iPad to even play it :l

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Is there an exact reason why we haven't gotten a new VF in so long?

I'm not too familiar with the specifics, and I'm genuinely curious.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What is virtua fighters thing? Like mk has fatalities and tekken has the 3D arena, etc etc. never played one

VF was the original 3D arena game and established the rules of the genre, but other than that it's also still pretty unique for being more technical than other fighters in spite of only having three buttons while also having a higher damage in general leading to faster matches and rarer time-outs.

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Looks like Segata Sanshiro from the URL, and from the image it makes sense that is for a Sega Saturn mini, he will be a son or disciple of Sanshiro and we will get new and delicious Sanshiro related Madness.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

VF has no "thing" - it's all about getting the fundamentals and technicality right - some characters are more accessible but some characters are remarkably technical, moreso than any other fighting series without contest. Add absolutely incredible animations and animation transitions, amazing movesets, stages where the central conceit can vary between levels and games and always adds a new dynamic and never trading in gimmicks, and a roster where every character adds something different and there is zero redundancy (no jokes, there is none). They've always been visual showpieces for the arcade boards they debuted on too (and would always set off a never quite attainable quest for an "arcade perfect" version).

It is the best fighting series ever made without question. Don't @ me SF fans.

It's Segata Sanshiro and the fact that you all don't seem to get that immediately makes me feel old.

I agree that it's very unlikely VF6 but weird to get the body type sooo wrong for Segata Sanshiro.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I think this one might be it.

gpUNYUs.png

The belt is embroidered with せがれ (segare) which incidentally means "one's son."

I don't know anything about judo, but apparently it's common to get your name embroidered on the belt according to a Google search I did two minutes ago. So this could be Segare Sanshiro we're looking at.

Also guys, the URL is "segashiro," so it's definitely Sanshiro-related.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

gpUNYUs.png

I don't know anything about judo, but apparently it's common to get your name embroidered on the belt according to a Google search I did two minutes ago. So this could be Segare Sanshiro we're looking at.

Oh, now this is interesting. 🤔

Btw, keep up the awesome work at Gematsu, Sal. It's one of my favorite gaming sites and I've been visiting daily for years. ^_^

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a new Segata Sanshiro, a son of Segata Sanshiro representing Sega in a series of funny videos.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Can you imagine how incredible it'd be to see VF6, after all these years, emerge like a phoenix with boundary-pushing next gen graphics? Ahh....

Yeah, it's Segata.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018

gpUNYUs.png

So it's gonna be Segata's son telling people to play the Sega Saturn mini

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So it's gonna be Segata's son telling people to play the Sega Saturn mini

It seems like the most logical thing from what we can see... but a Saturn Mini seems like a dream. So many hidden gems that have been locked away with no ports of any kind. So many games that now command asking prices over $100, $200, or even $1000 once we include Saga. It could be amazing.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Can't wait for Segata Snashiro's son to tell people to play the newest Total War game for Sega's 60th Birthday!

I have nothing against Total War. I actually love Total War Warhammer, but for Sega's birthday, I would hope for some real love for old IPs. I just don't have much faith in Sega.