• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one

• Seh-ga

Votes: 1,030 48.4%
  • Say-ga

Votes: 1,096 51.6%

• Total voters

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally wanted to post the same video as post #2.

In the video(s) I clearly hear Say-ga. But when I personally pronounce the console names (ie Sega Dreamcast or Sega MegaDrive) I find myself saying Seh-ga instead.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Service Games was a very forward thinking name. Everybody else started talking about games as a service in... 2010-ish?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
It even says Sayguh. Whenever anyone says Sehga I do the sideeye. Luke Smith on 1up circa 2006 I know u.

WHY THE FUCK IS SEGHA WINNING

Oct 27, 2017
Literally wanted to post the same video as post #2.

In the video(s) I clearly hear Say-ga. But when I personally pronounce the console names (ie Sega Dreamcast or Sega MegaDrive) I find myself saying Seh-ga instead.
The answer is in the first reply to this thread. And what market is - scuse me while I squint at your profile - 'uk' in then?

But the 'SEGA' chant doesn't say 'Say-guh' Wtf are you talking about

Oct 27, 2017
I like how the majority of responses agree it's "say-gah" but that option is still losing the poll.

What do your broken ears hear?

My native language is Spanish, which has an almost exact way to pronounce vowels as Japanese do. And it's not say-guh.

E is the same Spanish and Japanese, like the 'e' in "celebration" in English Iguess