• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree completely. I think it's pretty bad.

I think it is extra dumb you can't (unless I am missing something) see the boxart for the games. Just the spines.

Anyway, I bought this to finally play the Shining Force games and will probably do that once I play a bit o Smash.
Shining force is a real gem, it's the main reason I want the collection.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Here's hoping the WB games make it to Sega Ages in the future, maybe that's why they were excluded?

In any case, shoddy collection with average emulation, poor display options (seriously, are most retro release developers clueless when it comes to including the most basic of display adjustment options emulators have had for decades?) and Wonder Boy games removed from the Switch version = not getting a cent from me. Sorry for the angry post and don't begrudge anybody who may enjoy it but I'm personally just really tired of rehashed, low effort D-tier retro collections like this.

Last edited:

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
Good thing it wasn't available at the shop when i bought Smash, i wasn't aware that they removed 2 Wonder Boy games from the other versions (maybe the release of Monster Boy has something to do with it?), removing Monster World is a deal breaker for me. Now that i think about it, a release of the Wonder Boy Sega Ages collection (PS2) for current systems would be great!.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who bought the Xbox One version: no, not worth a rebuy. It turned out to not even be worth an initial buy. The emulation and options are pretty bad.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I was really dissapointed with this collection on PS4. The sound emulation issues are unacceptable.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I personally loved the PS4 version, was cool in VR. As tempting as it is for portable version on Switch, I've got my PSP.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
No Ecco, no Rocket Knight and especially Sonic 3 & Knuckles make this a hard skip for me.

Sonic 3/Knuckles is a requirement.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I put all my Genesis budget towards the MegaSG.

And that will play S3K with the original music.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been thinking about buying it and impressions seem solid so far.

Edit: now I'm reading there's quite a lot of input lag. Hmm, :(. Can anyone else comment?

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Ive been thinking about buying it and impressions seem solid so far.

Edit: now I'm reading there's quite a lot of input lag. Hmm, :(. Can anyone else comment?

Yeah, I wanna know too. Is the input lag as worse as the other versions?
If so I might get the collection for the tons of RPGs only

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Why is Eternal Champions missing from this collection too? It's on Steam.

My guess is that the violence in this particular game (especially the finishing moves) would affect the content rating from ESRB or another ratings board. This could threaten to put the entire package out of range for their intended target audience.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Still super bummed about the lag in Sonic and various other games in this collection.

Anyone know if they ever planned an update? This release is embarrassing as is.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Still super bummed about the lag in Sonic and various other games in this collection.

Anyone know if they ever planned an update? This release is embarrassing as is.

Never going to happen, this is your standard cheap junk Mega Drive compilation that gets churned out by Sega every console generation.

Unfortunately if you want actual quality you have to rely on Sega's sporadic Sega Ages releases.