• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Absolutely... my GOAT TV show. Just avoid S9... S9 doesn't exist.

BTW, Scrubs is one of the most accurately TV shows portraying the medical jobs.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Amazing show, an all time great.

Season 9 isn't bad but only if you keep your expetations low. It is entertaining for what it is, but is not on the level of season 1- 8. You could definitely just skip though, since it doesn't really adad any value to the story either.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I would say it's a similar level of humor to Friends, so if you dig that show, check it out.

Personally, I didn't much care for it, but I'd say it had a few moments of genuinely great comedic writing that really impressed me.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
It's an amazing show.
Kinda funny how just thinking about the last episode, just JD standing there, makes me tear up like, immediately.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Should have billed season 9 as what it was, a spin off. It was fine for what it was, but no one wanted to be fed it as a direct continuation, especially after the perfect ending to season 8.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Just understand season 9 is a spin-off show. Finale of S8 is when it ends (series finale).

Watch s9 if you want, but it's not really part of the same story

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
jfaxW0F.png

It's an amazing show.
Kinda funny how just thinking about the last episode, just JD standing there, makes me tear up like, immediately.
its a really good finale

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I rewatch it almost every year, it's one of my favorite shows.

The seasons can be a little inconsistent sometimes, but it ends VERY strong.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine my surprise when I saw the season 8 finale and thought "man, that really felt like a series, like, finale finale. Oh well, time so start season 9" and it's a different show

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
seasons 1-8 definitely. My friend whose a doctor says it's the show that depicts what's it like to work at a hospital the best.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
PROTIP: Get the DVDs. They have licensing rights for the original soundtrack. The version on Netflix and I believe all other streaming sources don't have all the licensing and have generic music replacing some songs, which is a travesty, because the original soundtrack is excellent.

List of known song changes: https://www.reddit.com/r/Scrubs/com...nces/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
still got my dvds of the first few seasons before the move to a different network

the butthole surfers track is securely in place

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
Scrubs is maybe the best sitcom of all time. It's got a great sense of humor and it does the drama right, too. It doesn't have the wide appeal of something like Friends, though; I know enough people who find its style of comedy completely off-putting.

EDIT: Also, avoid season 9 as has been mentioned a dozen times in this thread. Season 8 is a bit more inconsistent than previous seasons but the finale is excellent and the back half of the season is just an excellent run overall.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I always enjoyed the show, but never saw all of it. Just finished community and parks & rec; now powering through Always Sunny; will probably go for Scrubs next!

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
its emotional moments hit like a hammer to the face

MwZhBeV.gif

This episode has my wife in tears everytime.

For the OP - yes, watch all of it. Season 9 is indeed shit, and I personally found everything from Season 6 onwards a little less interesting than the seasons before it. However the worst episodes of S1-8 are still better than 95% of sitcoms.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Hell yeah! Scrubs is incredible , amazing funny characters , good plot lines , and then when it needs to get serious it can slap you in the face with some feels

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The show will rip your fucking heart out. As others have said, it's perfect. One of the greatest finales ever.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you've never watched it, yes, you definitely should.

For me, I dunno. I watched and loved the whole thing (well, seasons 1-8) a couple years ago. But my wife and I tried to do a rewatch a month or so ago and we quit at the end of Season 1. We realized that that the only characters we still liked were the Janitor and Dr. Cox.

Your mileage may vary, especially based on the responses in this thread.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely worth watching. One of my favorite comedies of all time. JD and Turk is the best friendship in television. I know that's hyperbole, but I really do have a hard time thinking of a better one. Their bromance is seriously something I'd want in real life.

its emotional moments hit like a hammer to the face

MwZhBeV.gif

My girlfriend can't watch this episode without crying. Ever.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I enjoyed the first 3 seasons but noticed it becoming more and more slapstick so I dropped it in season 4.

For me , Ted the lawyer is the highlight of this show.

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
Nothing funny about the state of healthcare workers right now tbh

My girlfriend is an ICU nurse for 10+ years and says that Scrubs is the best medical show she's seen. Shit is dark so they make each other laugh to stay sane.

ER second, everything else is pretty much "lol, sure" to her and her friends.

Watching any current medical show with her is impossible outside of maybe New Amsterdam because it deals more with the business side of a hospital.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the few shows I would label as a dramedy that actually fulfills both ends of that label.

Really fantastic show that I highly recommend.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely! One of my top 5 favorite sitcoms. Just make sure season 8 is where you stop.

Edit: Not sure it's worth streaming as a lot of the music changed and it sounds terribad. Track down the DVDs if you can.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You absolutely should yes. Just thinking about the series finale makes me tear up. Probably one of the best conclusions ever