• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I have watched bits and pieces of the show over the years on re runs and generally found it to be very funny and also moving. I am aware of the ninth season and to avoid it. But is the show worth watching all 8 seasons? I am looking for a comedy to watch while I watch Star Trek:TNG for the first time (using a guide to watch that show).

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
100% absolutely

One of my favorite shows

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah just jump off before the interns series starts. Also I had to spread episodes out a bit as "saccharine life lesson with maudlin pop music" formula got a bit tiresome after a few seasons.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching it years ago and, while I enjoyed the first 5 or so seasons, it felt kinda samey near the end...like I can't remember much of it at all.

I may have to rewatch it again actually lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
season 1-8 are gold standard

season 9 was originally gonna be a spin-off show that got forced-latched onto the end of the series

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
It's one of the best shows ever made. So yes. Skip season 9 though. It's a new cast.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, incredible show through season 8. One of my favorites. It handles tonal whiplash with incredible dexterity, having you laugh and cry in the span of minutes.

They just announced a rewatch podcast with Zach and Donald, too, which is awesome.
www.iheart.com

Fake Doctors, Real Friends with Zach and Donald | iHeart

You know what's long, tedious and boring? Surgery. You know what isn't? This new podcast! Join Scrubs co-stars and real-life best friends Zach Braff and Donald Faison for a weekly comedy podcast where they relive the hit TV show, one episode at a time. Each week, these BFFs will discuss an...

As people have mentioned. Bailout before the interns seasons.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I loved it when it was airing but I find it hard to go back to, mostly because of the editing style, the sound effects and constant musical cues, I just find it kinda grating these days.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
kVYJHBL.gif

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
perfect lighthearted show for right now until series 8

give brooklyn 99 a blast too.

dismiss all the critics in these times we need a break from the endless negativity.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say the first 5 seasons are pure gold. Seasons 6-8 has it's moments and is worth watching though. Don't watch season 9.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched it in something like 10 years, so I'm not sure how it holds up, but I still think it's probably better than most recent sitcoms.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it uses its humor to humanize the cast who grow realistically throughout the series.

Its quite possibly the best medical show ever, or at least is #2 to MASH.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have watched bits and pieces of the show over the years on re runs and generally found it to be very funny and also moving. I am aware of the ninth season and to avoid it. But is the show worth watching all 8 seasons? I am looking for a comedy to watch while I watch Star Trek:TNG for the first time (using a guide to watch that show).
If you wanna watch one of the best and most funny TV series ever.... then yes!

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
100% yes, you won't regret watching it and you will have a ton of laugh (at least for the 1st to 6th season, the last one isn't really great).

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
"If I wanted to waste my breath, I would have given my wife CPR last night when she went into cardiac arrest."

Great show.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Absolutely. It's hilarious, poignant, and emotional. It sags a bit in like season 6, but finishes strong and the ending is a masterpiece.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Brilliant show, always makes me laugh. Just be prepared to suddenly get sucker punched by certain moments. Anyone who has watched it will know all the ones I mean.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. Scrubs was really, really good. I love all the side characters on the show.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Season 1 to 5 are as close to perfect as you can get.
6 through 8 are more uneven, through still great. And at least they managed to nail the finale.