• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TKWarner

Feb 28, 2021
If you enjoyed Remake 2, then, yes, I would go for it. It is the lesser of the two games but still good in its own right.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yes. Great game, especially if you haven't played RE2 remake recently. I feel like this game is way way better than it got credit for.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
It's a great action-horror game with good replayability! I paid full price for it and I don't regret it.

Don't go expecting a great remake, though. It's best to think of this as a spin-off or something.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
I picked up the RE3 remake for that price thinking I would play 2, 3, and 7 before Village hits. I didn't like it very much. It's too clunky to be played as an action game and too mindless to be a puzzle/adventure game. It's also too silly to be a horror game. Thumbs down.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I bought it at $20 and was happy with that price for what I got. Good for a quick run or 2, the game is very compact; if you ever get the urge to play it, you can finish it the same day you start and have a good time

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, don't let these forum people steer you away from a great game just because it's short.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Definitely worth it. I enjoyed it almost as much as RE2make. The original RE3 is my least favorite of the classic REs, by far. I liked the remake a lot more than the original.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
it's definitely worth that. i think a lot of fans were disappointed by what did and did not carry over from the original, but it is still an entertaining, well-made game. i was happy at 60, but making adjustments for my superfan status it is absolutely a good buy at that price

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yep, had a lot of fun with it. More than RE2, even. If you like RE at all, it's worth it for $20 if not more.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
easily

its not as good as RE2 Remake ( that game is like an actual 10/10) but like....its not a bad game its actually pretty good and for $20? thats a damn good weekend!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
echoing "Yes."

I loved RE3 remake, but I guess I didn't have any experience with OG 3 either.

I personally liked it more than 2 Remake.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth it at $60. It's a great game that looks and plays wonderfully and has a ton of replay value.

LazerRanger

Oct 28, 2017
I bought it from the recent sale and definitely felt like it was worth the ÂŁ16 I paid.

It is a short game but was so intense and action packed that I actually preferred it being a bit shorter.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never played re3 (but played re2r) and is just playing (almost done I think) re3r, it's a really great game. Loads of fun. Not as long or replayable as re2r but it's great.

burning hot take: it's better than overrated RE:R for sure

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
It's worth it at that price as it *is* fun to play. But it should not have deleted entire sections that were in the original as it is a lesser experience because of it, as well as a much shorter game. It lost some of its appeal, mystery and sense of dread. Puzzle sections are almost entirely gone.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
I got it for $20 and I loved it for that price point. I would actually love more games that feel that big budget and last 4-5 hours for $20-$30.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
RE3 is a great game for that price, it's unfortunate fate was that it really should have been a high quality DLC add-on for RE2 rather than a fairly meagre stand-alone game.

It plays better than RE2, the dodge skill is sweet. It's just not to the high watermark of the best games of this series (Remake 1, RE2/Remake 2, RE4, VII)

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
RE3 is a great game for that price, it's unfortunate fate was that it really should have been a high quality DLC add-on for RE2 rather than a fairly meagre stand-alone game.

It plays better than RE2, the dodge skill is sweet. It's just not to the high watermark of the best games of this series (Remake 1, RE2/Remake 2, RE4, VII)

Jill dodge is fun. The punch from Carlos is good when it connects, but I got hit way more and started avoiding its use.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
It's an awesome game and worth experiencing the non-stop thrill ride. I was personally hoping for a remake much closer to the source material, but if you take that expectation out of the equation it's a no-brainer at $20. Phenomenal action game.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth it at that price as it *is* fun to play. But it should not have deleted entire sections that were in the original as it is a lesser experience because of it, as well as a much shorter game. It lost some of its appeal, mystery and sense of dread. Puzzle sections are almost entirely gone.
Let's be honest- has there ever been a good resident evil puzzle ?

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IMO it's the best game in the series from a gameplay perspective and is the most enjoyable to play with a ton a replay value. It's just not as long as 2, but what's there is a better experience.

Not everything needs to be crazy long. I liked that 3 was tense throughout it versus 2 which had a lot of slower parts.