• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
on this forum at least

just look at these poll results and how close they are.

I don't think any other game in history of this forum or even the old forum has been as divisive as Red Dead Redemption 2. It almost seems like it's either loved as masterpiece or hated and seen as complete crap. Not even MGS V has this level of divisiveness

All games have their detractors, From Witcher 3 to the Last of Us, but nothing like a hard line divide that this game gets. I just can't think of any other game that as been as divisive.

vicarino

Aug 31, 2019
The division is: there are people who love this game, and other people who haven't finished the game.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't it Uncharted 4 that both won the forum's GOTY and was also number 6 or something on the most disappointing games of the year list?

farmwood

Jan 18, 2018
I think people tend to find fault in many areas of many games, but RDR2 required a real dig at areas that most us became familiar with and almost (almost) enjoyed after some time (character control is an area of contention that one gets used to IMO).

So because it's Rockstar and one of their largest games ever - of course people will nay say it because.. people. But to the point above, BOTW also got harshly critiqued and is one of the most formidable games of this decade.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
IDK, do people legit hate this game? Or the ones critical about it just think it isnt one of the best?

I have friends that think this is one of the GOAT's. I liked the game just fine, wouldnt probably find a place on my top 15 of the gen, maybe top 20. I personally wouldnt say we are divisive on this topic, we just like the game on different levels.

OP
OP
ThousandEyes

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
IDK, do people legit hate this game? Or the ones critical about it just think it isnt one of the best?

I have friends that think this is one of the GOAT's. I liked the game just fine, but wouldnt probably find a place on my top 15 of the gen, maybe top 20. I personally wouldnt say we are divisive on this topic, we just like the game on different levels.
its defintelly split

many people have harped on the controls and the limited mission design

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Will Death Stranding be that divisive?

It feels like a lot of people have already written it off and aren't interested in it anymore. So how will they give an opinion on a game they won't play?

OP
OP
ThousandEyes

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
I don't think Death Stranding will be divisive as RDR 2 for the fact

1. Kojima is more popular than Rockstar on here
2. DS will have superior controls and gameplay at least, regardless of how people feel about the story

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I think that's Danganronpa V3.

I've never seen a fanbase that's even remotely THAT split on a game before.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I think The Last Guardian is a solid pick for most divisive. Sekiro also raised a lot of heckles (though I don't actually think it was THAT divisive). RDR2 does seem to get a fair amount of criticism, but I think far more people like it than dislike it.

I don't think this forum is as critical to RDR2 as they are with BotW

Lol. No. Half of the people on this forum fall asleep masturbating to that game. The majority of "detractors" just think it is a little overrated, the people who actually dislike BotW are pretty few and far between.

Aug 27, 2018
I never actually finished RDR2, I think the world they built was absolutely incredible but the gameplay just wasn't very fun to me. I haven't finished it but I may get around to it eventually.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
its defintelly split

many people have harped on the controls and the limited mission design

I have too, those are heavy negatives from my point of view as well. But those dont make this overall a bad game for me

For me, if this is such a divisive game, some should love to death and some should hate to death. So that's why Im asking if there's legit hate towards it, or if its just some people thinking its a 10 and some thinking its an 8

Oct 25, 2017
I have too, those are heavy negatives from my point of view as well. But those dont make this overall a bad game for me

For me, if this is such a divisive game, some should love to death and some should hate to death. So that's why Im asking if there's legit hate towards it, or if its just some people thinking its a 10 and some thinking its an 8
I mean to be fair there aren't many, if any, games people "hate to death". But I'm sure a significant amount of people here consider RDR2 a 6/10 or 7/10 at best.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most likely. Folks seem to think they get some sort of weird points for acting like it's not brilliant. Other games get criticism, but I would never say they are nearly as "divisive".

Even in this thread we have people inexplicably hoping they don't make another game in the series. Not people saying they don't want to play them, people saying they don't want the game made at all. Crazy shit.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
In an unexpected way, yeah on this forum there are an unusual concentration of haters. But then again, I find that there are quite a few games I like that people here hate and vise versa.