• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Paul Bunyan a Kaiju?

• Yes

Votes: 88 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.3%
  • No, but Babe the Blue Ox is

Votes: 125 33.3%
  • Yes, both of them are

Votes: 121 32.3%
  • Thor 2 Kiju World

Votes: 21 5.6%

• Total voters

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was asked this while watching a trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong and did not know how to respond cant sleep so I made this topic.

paul-bunyan-and-babe-angus-mcbride.jpg

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
I need a Paul Bunyan movie where he's shipped out to fight on the frontlines of WW2. That's a big fucking axe in that picture.

Oct 29, 2017
He is the Greek titan Hyperion. You can still find him residing in the USA in the new form he has taken for himself as the tallest tree in the world.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
This is one of those thread titles that you initially shake your head at, then almost instantly move to a "hmmmmm".

Oct 29, 2017
If Fenrir and Jörmungandr are Kaiju, then I don't know how you can argue that Hel isn't as they are all siblings. So there you have evidence of a human shaped Kaiju, however he could just be a Giant (like the mother of these three was)
The_children_of_Loki_by_Willy_Pogany.png

Now the questions is, are Babe and Paul siblings as well?

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Is this also the thread where we settle once and for all whether Clifford the Big Red Dog is a Kaiju?

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I'd like to see a John Henry + Paul Bunyon buddy movie in the same vein as something silly like Shanghai Noon.

OP
OP
Sacul64

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Paul vs Kong vs Godzilla.

I really want to see this now, that trailer I watched even shows Kong with an Ax.

This is one of those thread titles that you initially shake your head at, then almost instantly move to a "hmmmmm".

Literally my response when my roommate asked.

Is this also the thread where we settle once and for all whether Clifford the Big Red Dog is a Kaiju?

Hmmmmmm...

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
We have english words and western mythology for giant humans, why would he be the word for a giant japanese monster?

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Paul Bunyan is crazy OP. Supposedly he created the Grand Canyon by casually dragging his axe behind him.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
the end of the movie when he lost to the logging machine and fucked off forever was way too sad for a kids movie

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
If Fenrir and Jörmungandr are Kaiju, then I don't know how you can argue that Hel isn't as they are all siblings. So there you have evidence of a human shaped Kaiju, however he could just be a Giant (like the mother of these three was)
The_children_of_Loki_by_Willy_Pogany.png

Now the questions is, are Babe and Paul siblings as well?

I feel like Hel is normally considered a god while the other two are just big ol' (very important) monsters so there's some split already happening with them in some works.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I know he's typically depicted that way, but I was always under the impression from the "actual" legends (if there is such a thing) that he was just a big man, not that he was some kind of giant. Even Babe was only described as "big", not "towered beyond the sunset" huge.

/nofunallowed