• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Nobody cared about any of the MCU phase 1 heroes other than the hulk before the MCU. That was kind of the point they were at, they'd sold off the film rights to everyone actually worth something (Spiderman, X-Men, hulk) in order to keep afloat, and were working with the dregs. It's insane it worked as well as it did despite that.

They might have known who they were, but I don't know if they neccessarily cared. Captain America could have easily been a joke character that nobody took seriously, see;
4h8yfz.gif

And yet they were able to pull off a resonant scene above.

True.

Plus I just remembered they're gonna have all the X-Men to use too.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
He's probably free loading off another couch somewhere. Maybe a homeless shelter. He basically survived off Tony's payroll. Dude hasn't had a paying job in over 80 years.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
From a narrative standpoint, I cant see them ever bringing back Chris in a way that wont ultimately cheapen his character arc in the films.

And that comes from someone who is still waiting for when the MCU pulls the trigger on bringing back the Red Skull in a cloned Roger's body.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
He denied this

www.usmagazine.com

Chris Evans Denies He's Returning to Captain America Role

Chris Evans seemingly addressed reports he's in talks to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Captain America on Thursday, January 14 — details

"Oh you got me! I guess I've got to go against my NDA now and put a multi hundred million dollar marketing plan in jeopardy!"

It's deadline, so it's probably true. But probably we won't see him for awhile

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
They're having him on ice for a surprise reveal as just Steve Rogers after Falcon is finally getting his big screen spot as Cappy A. I have no doubt though you'll see him again in the costume after that at some point.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But Chris Evans don't want to return

Never say never. Things can and do change. Look at Natalie Portman or Gwyneth Paltrow. They were pretty much done with the franchise after their contracts ended, but Gwyneth came back later on in Homecoming and Natalie has a leading role in Love and Thunder.

They put Steve Rogers in a limbo so if Chris decides later on that he wants to do cameos or come back in a big role, they have the means to do it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
He's supposed to be dead or at least basically there, lol. What cameo did you want, a short of his decaying corpse?
Idk Steve at home watching the coverage of what happened and seeing Sam's speech in the end. Or just a mention that he's enjoying retirement or something.

Why is he supposed to be dead, I assume he still has the serum running through him. He could easily be like Isaiah Bradley and just have old man strength.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
He isnt dead or on the moon, he is just chilling somewhere I imagine until 2030 when they will trot him out for Secret Wars to have a "Flash enters the speed force"-level once in a generation etched in the stone tablet canon of cinema moment, chiseled over the top of the name of Sergei Eisenstein in the hallowed halls of Kino

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
He's dancing with Peggy. All day, every day.
I mean, who wouldn't? If I had a wife as beautiful as Hayley Atwell, I would say no to fighting another Thanos level threat and just stay home. But that's just me.

But wait, wouldn't Steve get to meet her niece someday? Oh boy. Captain America and the Weird Kiss, the last Disney+ show of Phase 4.