• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
He's "dead" until they bring him back for Secret Wars using that deaging tech they established with the Ant-Man scene, "pushing time through Lang".

Or pushing $50 million through Chris Evans' bank account

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
He's "dead" until they bring him back for Secret Wars using that deaging tech they established with the Ant-Man scene, "pushing time through Lang".

Oh yeah, I actually thought about this being a way to leave that door open for Steve to come back when needed.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
He's on Facebook complaining about kids and their tiktoks

But Chris Evans don't want to return
Read the second part of my post dude. I don't want to go to work on Monday, I would if they paid me $50 million.

See: Daniel Craig after Skyfall, said he'd rather "crawl through broken glass" than play Bond again, then hey miraculously changed his mind before No Time to Die...

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He's watching the news about Egyptian Gods fighting and the stone celestial in the ocean and going to play shuffleboard cuz fuuuuuuck that.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
He's carefully placed in limbo with a vague story, so he can stay in limbo forever or brought back should the stars align.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Marvel has now made a universe where nobody is ever dead and nothing really matters, so it's pretty much a matter of time and money until everyone comes back.

Nov 27, 2017
California
He's not dead but he won't be back
But…….
He'll be back in the battle of Kang(s) to have a moment with live action Captain Carter

Disney got a spare 10-20 million just for him after his friends tell him to do it

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017

Ive been saying this since the end of End Game and people keep telling me Im wrong glad to see another person who agrees

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Put enough 0s on the check, and he will gladly eat crow and come back.
If he'll do a Captain America gag for a scene in Free Guy, he will come back for Marvel lol

Also if Harrison Ford will come back for Han and Indie... anything's possible.
Ive been saying this since the end of End Game and people keep telling me Im wrong glad to see another person who agrees
Totally what they were setting up! I don't think they'd rule out anyone coming back after a long absence, particularly given how positive the reaction was to Garfield/Maguire coming back for Spidey. There are kids who grew up in awe of Endgame that will be ripe for nostalgia harvest in a decade or so.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I imagine he probably went back to the universe where he lived his life with Peggy. Sure by 2023 she was probably dead (assuming that he came back at his 2023) but he probably had kids/grandkids and in general probably just wanted to enjoy his retirement in his new home world

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Old man Steve Rogers should be a cameo in Marvel movies, the way Stan Lee used to cameo.

Stan-Lee-Chris-Hemsworth-Thor-Ragnarok-Cameo-1280x720.jpg

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
He and Old Snake are hanging out in a Golden Girls style South Florida condo. Both of them are dating Bea Arthur.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they're leaving it intentionally ambiguous to see if they can get Chris back on board or not

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
A scene in Avengers: Secret Wars Pt. II (2030) where a deaged 616 Steve Rogers and a Tony Stark from a universe where somebody else snapped reunite seems almost inevitable. And I'm here for it.

Getting back to the feeling of this is the goal for me:
DistinctAggravatingIchthyostega-max-1mb.gif

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Since Steve had some zany adventures through time AND space after Endgame there's always a chance we get to see Planeswalker Steve, armed with his Mjolnir and briefcase of Maguffin Stones to pull a universe reset before Quantum Leaping back to return everything

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Getting back to the feeling of this is the goal for me:
DistinctAggravatingIchthyostega-max-1mb.gif

Was thinking about this when I rewatched the other night. I don't know if they ever can. They blew their load with iconic heroes.

I get that there are still plenty of heroes to choose from going forward, and tons of talented actors, but I feel like the MCU worked so well because most people have a basic familiarity with at least a few of the heroes, whether it was Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, or Black Widow (ok, the last two maybe not outside of comic nerds).

On the other hand, they have over a decade to build up to that point, so who knows.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
deadline.com

Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project

In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form.

Isn't he already coming back?

He denied this

www.usmagazine.com

Chris Evans Denies He's Returning to Captain America Role

Chris Evans seemingly addressed reports he's in talks to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Captain America on Thursday, January 14 — details

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Was thinking about this when I rewatched the other night. I don't know if they ever can. They blew their load with iconic heroes.

I get that there are still plenty of heroes to choose from going forward, and tons of talented actors, but I feel like the MCU worked so well because most people have a basic familiarity with at least a few of the heroes, whether it was Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, or Black Widow (ok, the last two maybe not outside of comic nerds).

On the other hand, they have over a decade to build up to that point, so who knows.
To be honest pre-2008 I don't think anybody recognised any of the heroes you mentioned except for maybe Hulk. One of the impressive aspects of the MCU is they were able to build those foundations with essentially the leftovers that no big studio wanted to acquire.
He denied this

www.usmagazine.com

Chris Evans Denies He's Returning to Captain America Role

Chris Evans seemingly addressed reports he's in talks to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Captain America on Thursday, January 14 — details
DelightfulAnimatedCreature-max-1mb.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
To be honest pre-2008 I don't think anybody recognised any of the heroes you mentioned except for maybe Hulk. One of the impressive aspects of the MCU is they were able to build those foundations with essentially the leftovers that no big studio wanted to acquire.

DelightfulAnimatedCreature-max-1mb.gif

Maybe. I was never into comics but I still knew who Captain America, Iron Man, and the Hulk were. And Thor is Thor, so it's an easy transition for people with no knowledge.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Nobody cared about any of the MCU phase 1 heroes other than the hulk before the MCU. That was kind of the point they were at, they'd sold off the film rights to everyone actually worth something (Spiderman, X-Men, hulk) in order to keep afloat, and were working with the dregs. It's insane it worked as well as it did despite that.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe. I was never into comics but I still knew who Captain America, Iron Man, and the Hulk were. And Thor is Thor, so it's an easy transition for people with no knowledge.
They might have known who they were, but I don't know if they neccessarily cared. Captain America could have easily been a joke character that nobody took seriously, see;
4h8yfz.gif

And yet they were able to pull off a resonant scene above.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
They ain't got no air on the moon. He probably morbed to death as soon as he got there.