• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I mean, I have the money, the time until March, and some games I want to get for it so... Why not?

And yet, I did hear bad things about it, like the engine coil "whining" sounds, if I have that right, and sometimes it overheats and sometimes people tell me to wait until it's down in price or on sale. Of course, I have a brother that's willing to spend the money for it with me.

Sorry for the basic thread, folks. What do you think?

I just get the sense that maybe I should hold off, but there doesn't appear to be any reason to? Thought I'd ask the people here first.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
There are going to be shortages for a while, so if you have any interest in one I'd scoop one up now - if you can find stock anywhere, that is.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
What games do you want to get for it and do you have a PS4 and/or Xbox One already? There's only like...2-3 actual next gen exclusive titles at this point lol.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Hardware's fine. Controller is great, feels more premium, nice and grippy, got used to it after some initial discomfort

I only own 2 games for it, Hitman 3 and Spidey, but playing GOW, Tsushima and Cyberpunk at 60 feel good.

Nothing on the horizon for me until RE8 in May.

Depends on what games you like/want OP

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Might as well get it now, no point in waiting if you can afford it. On the other hand, good luck finding stock.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Sure, go for it. I've had zero problems with mine so far, same for the other handful of people i know who managed to get one.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Digital Edition and outside of a couple Miles Morales game crashes at launch, the system has been flawless for me.

I've gotten a ton of playtime out of it so far, but I also purposely held back on some PS4 games after selling my PS4 Pro earlier in the year, so it bolstered the "launch lineup" for me.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
IMO if you are not very convinced it's not worth the effort atm. The shortages make it hard to get so you have to be really attentive on Twitter, etc.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
in awe by OPs confidence

"should i get a PS5? i have the money, if yall say yes i'm going out and grabbing one this afternoon"

if you can find one consider it a divine sign for you to get it

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah I mean if you can find one at MSRP then sure go for it. I've had mine since launch and play it almost every day.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
No way. Too many reported issues with coil whine. I had enough on the pro.

Also the controller seems fragile for now, too many reported issues with the triggers.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
in awe by OPs confidence

"should i get a PS5? i have the money, if yall say yes i'm going out and grabbing one this afternoon"

if you can find one consider it a divine sign for you to get it
More like the OP's "ignorance" because I practically sleep under a rock when it comes to video games.

I didn't know there was such a problem with "shortages."

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah go for it I'd say. Lots to play on it, lots that is available on PS4, granted, but depending on what you've already played the 4K/60fps bump on certain titles is pretty great.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I love this adorable thread and the way it rests on the presumption that whether or not you get a PS5 is solely your own choice

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
it is,
system software seems bit undercooked and some people have issues with external drives.
other than those;
and even when not counting ps5 exclusives .
the way it handles ps4 games, and the fact that it will not see a price cut for a long time. makes it an easy purchase imo.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Yah, seriously. There's a good chance PS5 won't be regularly sitting on shelves without being sold out until mid 2022.

The quietness alone makes it a worthy upgrade if you enjoy Playstation gaming.
Yeah, gotcha! I'm a huge PS4 fan anyways so I'll go for a PS5. Might as well get this out of the way since I'll inevitably get one anyways.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
If you want one get it, it ain't going to go down in price for a long time (but don't pay more than suggested, scalpers).

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, if you can find one at MSRP, the coil wine issues are overblown and they aren't going to fix it any time soon anyway. Also my controller has been fine. The system was kinda buggy in the first week but it's been fine sense New Years.?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I mean, I have the money, the time until March, and some games I want to get for it so... Why not?

And yet, I did hear bad things about it, like the engine coil "whining" sounds, if I have that right, and sometimes it overheats and sometimes people tell me to wait until it's down in price or on sale. Of course, I have a brother that's willing to spend the money for it with me.

Sorry for the basic thread, folks. What do you think?

I just get the sense that maybe I should hold off, but there doesn't appear to be any reason to? Thought I'd ask the people here first.

Spoiler alert: unless you want to pay $800 to a scalper, you're going to hold off.

I'd wait for at least a few months if I were you. There's a reason PS5s are hardly flying off the shelves right now; the games just aren't there yet.

If you're implying that there's not much demand for a PS5 right now, and it's because of a lack of games: That's cute, but it's wrong.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you can get one, get one, lol. It seems like more than a nice enough replacement for a PS4. You should be covered by warranty, so if you get any launch model issues you can just get it replaced. At least you'll have a console secured.