• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
For some true authentic NYC culture go to the corner of 173rd and 65th, they got some bomb-ass joints called the sloppy sticky.

They take two slices of bread, put peanut butter on one side, jelly on the other and put the two slices together. It's fucking heaven.

Next time you come to New York be sure to try this out

This killed me LOL

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that I've ever heard anybody make a big deal out of a chopped cheese before. It's just a thing you get dirt cheap from a bodega late at night. And the name is just simple shorthand for the sake of ordering.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried it, so who knows. Perhaps it is as good as they say. I'm certainly hungry though.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol at NY shwarama. Granted I've only been to places in the mid/downtown area of Manhattan but it was all super in-authentic health food I would find in a college co-op or some shit.

...you are seriously arguing that one of the most diverse cities in the world doesnt have an authentic version of one of the most popular dishes in the world?

Lmao

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
This looks really bad. Like the kinda thing that I would make at home when I was younger because I couldn't cook. Not something I would sell to others.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
So, question from a European here: When people say that New York Pizza is the best Pizza in the world, are they actually serious?

Because Italy exists, I'm just saying...

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, question from a European here: When people say that New York Pizza is the best Pizza in the world, are they actually serious?

Because Italy exists, I'm just saying...
Totally different kinds of pizza. Italian-American vs. (probably) Neapolitan. Both are very good, depends on what you prefer. I don't think anything is better than a NY slice.

Whatever the fuck they like to call pizza in Chicago is garbage.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Totally different kinds of pizza. Italian-American vs. (probably) Neapolitan. Both are very good, depends on what you prefer. I don't think anything is better than a NY slice.

Whatever the fuck they like to call pizza in Chicago is garbage.
Ok, now I really need to know what NY Pizza looks like, because I have never been to New York so I really don't know. Does anyone really know the difference?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, now I really need to know what NY Pizza looks like, because I have never been to New York so I really don't know. Does anyone really know the difference?
If you have Netflix, I highly recommend checking out the episode about pizza of the show "Ugly Delicious". It's the first episode.

NY-style:
2bec5056ccfe2bd3036d32c10486675b.jpg

Pizza di Napoli:
k57uhbuqg7oy.jpg

Both delicious in their own ways.

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I imagine there is a lot of amazing neapolitan pizza in NYC as well that would be indistinguishable from an Italian one. Maybe the less common American ones like pizza al taglio might put add some points to Italy.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

Refer to this post and look at the pizzas these places offer for all your questions on true NY pizza and what it has to offer.

Reporting for straight up ignorance.

For real though, let me break this down for you newbies to NYC Pizza.

Best Value and Quality: Literally any Dollar Slice.

2brotherspizza.jpg

Best Traditional Slice (w/toppings): Joe's

1109-joes-pizza-original-main-asset-2.jpg

Best Boogie Slice: Artichoke

greenwich.jpg

Best Pure Pizza Experience (no slices, cash only, Final Destination): Lombardi's

20070907-little-italy-lombardis-02.jpg

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hungry as he'll right now.

Fuck this thread and fuck your chopped cheese I can't buy across the Atlantic.

Someone FedEx me a damn chopped cheese.

Xkramz

Oct 28, 2017
Nyc got the best pizza ever. I gone on vacation to other states and their pizza are just horrible

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Ok, the first thing I noticed was: New York Pizza looks kinda disgusting. But the taste of food has always been more important to me than the looks, so I read some articles about it.

The big differences seem to be:
*The dough is made with different flour, as Neapolitan pizza always uses 00 flour, while NY dough is made with higher gluten flour and also adds some ingredients, which in turn also makes the pizza sturdier.
*Traditional Neapolitan Pizza is cooked in a wood fire oven.

That seems to be it for the most part, which also explains the folding some people here mentioned. I guess it would be pretty impossible to go to a Neapolitan Restaurant, get some pizza and just fold it up with ease.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They had this shit when I lived in Ohio a few years back and called it "party cut" - more like horse shit. there's literally nothing to hold on to with the middle pieces + each piece is like, a bite.

Anyone who's afraid of getting their fingers a little greasy eating pizza is no pizza lover. Then again, you came from the place that gave the country Little Caesar's so ya suspect!

Last edited:

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
These delis named a sandwich and it grew in popularity until it became a part of their local culture??? Wow what's this world coming to

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
This thread is very aggressive.

I wouldn't mind giving this chopped cheese a go. I might make my own at home.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I went to school in upstate NY and everyone was about the "pizza burger sub" or you could get them "suicide" style which added in extra garlic, pepperoni, and a sausage in the middle.

They look a mess but great drunk food

sui.jpg

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
How can anyone like NYC pizza? They are nothing more than greasy, overloaded pieces of dry cardboard.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Don't worry, I suspect in a few years there will be some yuppie upscale joint that sells artisanal chopped cheese for like $20 and then suddenly everyone will looked down upon chopped cheese will act like it's amazing and shit.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
hey look americans arguing about their fat shitty food again.
How can anyone like NYC pizza? They are nothing more than greasy, overloaded pieces of dry cardboard.
Why is the chopped cheese bringing out the crazies??

I went to school in upstate NY and everyone was about the "pizza burger sub" or you could get them "suicide" style which added in extra garlic, pepperoni, and a sausage in the middle.

They look a mess but great drunk food

sui.jpg
Dunno why but 'suicide style' is a hilarious name for those pretty vanilla additions.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah. Chopped Cheese is a thing here. I'm Brooklyn native of 36 years and I've never heard of it until I started working in Harlem last year. Most of my co-workers are from the Bronx and it's all they ever talk about. I haven't tried one yet since I'm a bit of a food snob. I found an article and then a documentary about the Chopped Cheese. It's funny because the people in it were complaining about gentrification and how white hipsters started selling upscale versions on fancy breads with things like guacamole.

If you were a food snob you'd have tried several already and found the best one. Sounds more picky than snobby.