• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is music important to you?

• Yes

Votes: 378 85.1%
  • No

Votes: 65 14.6%

• Total voters

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't live without a Spotify subscription. I dunno how I would make it through a day at work without music. Pretty much all of my colleagues subscribe to Spotify/Google/Apple/YouTube/Tidal/whatevs.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yes, but I'm not one of those weirdos that has to constantly be listening to it.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd more easily give up television, film, video games, etc. than music. With respect to electronic forms of entertainment.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. I listen to music all the time, at home, on the way to work, at work, way back. I don't really go to shows or anything like that, but not a day goes by I don't listen to music at least an hour.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I've played musical instruments basically all my life, so yes.
I've never gotten in the habit of listening to music at work though. I tend to find it distracting unless it's instrumental music. Most of my music listening is done in the car.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I generally dont listen to music unless Im in the car so not really. I respect every genre but only because I played violin for over 10 years so I appreciate it as an artform. But my personal playlist is less than 200 songs and its been the same songs for over a decade.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
(looks at thread in a literal recording studio right now)

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Yes. Love music more than almost any other medium. Maybe books edge ahead of it.

I compose and listen and scream and mix and master and I want to learn how to play bass.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Im one of those weirdos that has music on from the time i Wake up, until i go to bed. So yeah, i guess music is important in my life.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yes, it's leagues above other medium for me. I barely watch movies, TV shows, play video games (last video game I've bought is Overwatch back when it got released lol)
Good music just makes me feel alive. Going to a great show is just the best thing.
According to Apple Music I've listened to 972 hours of music in 2019, so that's something.

No interest in actually learning an instrument though.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I've listened to nearly 45,000 minutes worth so far this year according to Spotify, so sorta kinda.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Dead serious. Music is pretty much the only thing that makes me feel feelings anymore.

Jin

Oct 25, 2017
It is not that I dislike music but I pretty much never go out of my way to hear music.
The most music I hear is somedays on my commute...

I'm also a wierdo that can't really answer on the question what kind of music I hear or what bands I like...
I hear songs and I know them but I never know from which band or artist they are.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Im one of those weirdos that has music on from the time i Wake up, until i go to bed. So yeah, i guess music is important in my life.
23440.jpg

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
It's the main thing. I've been singing since high school. I know drums and guitar. I've been in bands, choirs, barbershop groups and musicals. I've got tickets to My Chemical Romance and the Backstreet Boys for next year. I couldn't live without it.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
I need the music. It takes me away from the every madness in this world.

But most of the time it's a trance tune.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Spend almost 80.000 minutes on Spotify this year and currently learning 3 different instruments soo... maybe?

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very important. Gaming and going to see my favourite musicians live are my two biggest hobbies.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, #1 media probably.
Especially since it's an integral part of both videogames and cinema\TV.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
It is not that I dislike music but I pretty much never go out of my way to hear music.
The most music I hear is somedays on my commute...

I'm also a wierdo that can't really answer on the question what kind of music I hear or what bands I like...
I hear songs and I know them but I never know from which band or artist they are.

I'm with you on this and feel the same. I go through periods when I want to listen to something but it's not very long. Put it this way, in my 2019 Spotify recap my most listened to artist came in at just over an hour.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculously much. I'm always on the quest for new music. I'm always listening if I can be. 300+ new albums this year alone. I love music.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Yes, it's essential to my survival. And I'm still rocking an MP3 player and making my playlists mostly from ripped CDs from my own collection.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Music is the best. It's so important to me that I can't even consume it properly: I get too distracted to work with background music and I don't have enough time to sit and listen as much as I would like to.