• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

is mike a bad person?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Just to take away any lingering doubts you're having, there are four people involved in the train robbery/child murder.

Jesse is beside himself and has to get out of the business because of the child murder. Walt is trying to use what happened to emotionally manipulate Jesse, though unsuccessfully. Todd is a deranged sociopath who committed the actual crime.

Then there's Mike, whose only concern is how inconvenient it would be to retaliate against the guy who just murdered the child.

Every single time Mike doesn't kill someone, it's because he's either been ordered not to, he's concerned about what they might know, or because he's been offered more money not to do it.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Abstaining from a vote here. He's in the messy middle grey area like a lot of the cast in this show. And when characters are written well (like here), that's the most interesting spot for a character to be.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will say that if I was involved in a criminal enterprise, he is the guy I would want in my corner.

Without a doubt, man knows what he's doing. I like him, I think in the world of BB, he's one of the "good" guys in that at least he has a code but ultimately does heinous shit when needed.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mike not getting rid of Todd after the death of Drew Sharp was always a bit of plot convenience, since Todd is important later. There was no threat of retaliation at the time from Todd's affiliates, since Mike deemed them harmless (even though they were later revealed to be a neo Nazi group capable of Godfather style hits behind people in prison!) and should have had no qualms about it. He was ready to kill Walt and Jesse for endangering Gus's operation, but not this one jerk?

Come to think of it, Jesse should have also instinctively wanted to kill Todd instead of punch him, as we saw with the two drug dealers in Half Measures.

So in that three way scene, when Walt asks them if disposing of Todd is an option and neither of them jump on it... that's a bit of jank that the show gets away with because it's otherwise so good.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
wreck_it_ralp-100011019-orig.png

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
the only true hero in Breaking Bad is Gomey

RIP mi hermano

IRL he also ran for county commissioner in Albuquerque, NM and won and has served diligently the public for the past 5 years in that role.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
I hate when people try to reduce things down to good and bad. Mike is a person who has done bad things, good things, criminal things, had moral crises and is flawed. Is that in your poll?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like asking if ANYONE from Breaking Bad is a "good person" is kind of asking the wrong question. None of them are.