• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Microsoft is always obsessed with what their competition is doing so I'm with others saying it will be called Xbox Infinite.

The pitch is that Xbox isn't just a console. It's an ecosystem and a way of life. It's bringing together gamers of all types from the casual to the hardcore. The world is ever changing and we need to change with it. With Xbox Infinite we are making Xbox available to you whenever you want it. Blah blah blah stream the biggest and best lineup of "exclusives" ever (don't buy Sony) at home or on the go with our streaming whatever (don't buy Nintendo) with the best graphics on the planet (Xbox rules!).

They will also continue to try to isolate Sony even more by securing partnerships with Indies to release on Nintendo and MS only. They will do this by pushing funding, crossplay, Xbox Live enabled services (cheevos, friends list, etc), and crossbuy with PC and Switch. This going along with the infinite moniker since again the idea is that Xbox is always there and is an ecosystem with benefits past just the console.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
The Y Box. They will only learn of and instantly regret their mistake during the conference, when the name is spoken for the first time after years of emails and PowerPoint presentations.

The half point variant will be called the Y Box New Original edition, after which the company is disbanded.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Xbox Arcus, Nimbus, Thunderhead, Stormcloud, Shit cloud, Shit cloud 360, Cloud box one, SkyBox... Powered by Azure xCloud. (Better buy SkyBox Labs first)

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019
I actually like the project names more than the console names, I would like if the OneX was actually called Xbox Scorpio and the idea of an Xbox Anaconda with some cool snake designs sounds nice

Oct 28, 2017
While i dont think its their biggest challenge, Microsoft seems pretty bad and inconsistent with its naming of gaming devices. The best they've done are with the original "Xbox" and i thought the "Kinect" was pretty rad. Much like Nintendo i look forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Id be totally fine with the two new consoles just being the Xbox 2S and Xbox 2X.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Xbox One Up

I like what they did with the Xbox One X. When people gave them flack for the reveal presentation of the Xbox One, it was quickly named the XBOne. So when they revealed the XBox One X it's just XBOX.

They did kind of punch themselves in the D with the All Digital Edition.... XBox One S All Digital Edition = XBox One SAD Edition

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Buy Sega, eastern audience gets Dreamcast X (DX) everywhere else gets Xbox Infinity (Xi).

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
The best possible name for them would be:

Xbox PlayStation.

Since copyright is a thing though; maybe Xbox v.4

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
real talk i'd just call it Xbox 2 and number them accordingly from now on. the marketing/creative directors won't have to fuss with it anymore, consumers will know what it is

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Xbox Next is a stupid final name. It only makes sense when talking about it in the future tense. What about the one after Xbox Next? Xbox Next Next?