• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
User banned (3 days): Creating a troll thread
So I've been seeing all this info on Metroid Dread come out, and the visuals look cool, the trailers make it look like the game plays well, and it looks to be a great return for 2D Metroid.

But the progression of the game seems to be lacking, with not enough content from start to end to really hold fans satiated for more than a couple days. It's lacking in end-game content, challenges, and progression rewards. So while I've seen people talk about how great this game is, so heartfeltedly no less, I just can't help but feel it's overrated. While people talk about it like a 9/10 game, I'm starting to feel like it might be like a 6 or 7/10 game at max.

I don't think it's actively bad, just sorta underwhelming...

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, a game that isn't out for two weeks is definitely overrated???

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think you can call it overrated until it actually comes out. It may be overhyped, but that's mainly because people have been super hungry for a mainline Metroid game. Let 'em enjoy their game.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Kv84W5R.gif

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
So I've been seeing all this info on Metroid Dread come out, and the visuals look cool, the trailers make it look like the game plays well, and it looks to be a great return for 2D Metroid.

But the progression of the game seems to be lacking, with not enough content from start to end to really hold fans satiated for more than a couple days. It's lacking in end-game content, challenges, and progression rewards. So while I've seen people talk about how great this game is, so heartfeltedly no less, I just can't help but feel it's overrated. While people talk about it like a 9/10 game, I'm starting to feel like it might be like a 6 or 7/10 game at max.

I don't think it's actively bad, just sorta underwhelming...

Is this bait? It sounds like bait. You know that you are some weeks too early?

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
But the progression of the game seems to be lacking, with not enough content from start to end to really hold fans satiated for more than a couple days. It's lacking in end-game content, challenges, and progression rewards.
Serious question, how do you know any of this? Was there some dev interview where they alluded to the game not having much content? I haven't been following anything cause I want to go in blind.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
What's especially baffling is that you already rate the alleged lack of content when you really have no way to tell how long or varied the game is, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.