• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I mean, doesn't the X Legacy Collection have a similar tease for X9, as the Classic Legacy Collection had for MM11?

The only thing that worries me is that we didn't learn anything about it in the recent Capcom leaks :T.. but this current situation sounds a lot like the PSP days, back when they had Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X, and look, we even already got a new Ghosts 'n Goblins game like those days! (Though this time, they didn't recycle the same engine as the MM games)

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's happening and it's going to have SNES graphics and sound IT'S GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN DON'T LET THIS DREAM DIE PLEASE CAPCOM
CapitalEverlastingAphid-size_restricted.gif

Seriously it has to happen. C'mon Capcom!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I still maintain the biggest hangup has been how to properly handle an X9 that A) satisfyes longtime fans and B) Story-friendly enough to not create barrier of entry for new, general players
After Metroid Dread proudly being "episode 5", and still garnering so much attention, I'm not sure if being scared about newbies not understanding what's going on is really worth the worry, it is. Nintendo isn't even making it easy for those who wanna earnestly play the other games in that series and "catch up", even!

Have your "The Story So Far..." section in your intro, get newbies up to speed and keep it moving. After all, unless you really dive deep into the lore, all you need to know is a blue robot dude with a cool gun on his hand, along with his friends, foils the plots of a maniacal, mechanical extremist asshole time and time again.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
The two collections together are sitting at a cool 1.4 million units.
Not bad at all.

TGS is around the corner and I am thinking we have a shot at seeing whatever the new project is, but if not we are hopefully at least getting the Battle Network annoucements since it's anniversary is about to end (Collection and Mobile game plz)

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
Tsuchiya confirmed it:

The reason they aren't listen on Capcom's Platinum title page is they are not considered a *singular* product.

To support Tsuchiya's claim, we recently looked at publicly available data from Gamestat, PlayTracker, SteamSpy. From that we deduced XLC1 is around 900k (give or take). XLC2 would be somewhere in the 460k+. Estimates, of course.

Those again, are two separate collections, they are not one.

That's been the point the entire time. Yes even Capcom considers them separate.

It doesn't make sense to say Mega Man Legacy 2 sold over a million if it didn't.

It shows consumers only really cared for Legacy collection 1.

This is the same odd position as few in the 2 million thread posed. Where the thread pointed out the fact no actual Mega Man game sold 2 million units. Even if we include skus since the collections are several games, the collection with Mega Man 1-6 is separate from the collection with Mega Man 7-Bass

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Those again, are two separate collections, they are not one.

That's been the point the entire time. Yes even Capcom considers them separate.

It doesn't make sense to say Mega Man Legacy 2 sold over a million if it didn't.

It shows consumers only really cared for Legacy collection 1.

This is the same odd position as few in the 2 million thread posed. Where the thread pointed out the fact no actual Mega Man game sold 2 million units. Even if we include skus since the collections are several games, the collection with Mega Man 1-6 is separate from the collection with Mega Man 7-Bass
I am pretty sure his point and yours is that they are two separate units, just if you combine them it ends up at 1.4mil. I think you are both on the same page but arguing for some reason?

Protodude

Oct 25, 2017
Me pointing out the units are separate isn't arguing.

I am pretty sure his point and yours is that they are two separate units, just if you combine them it ends up at 1.4mil. I think you are both on the same page but arguing for some reason?

I mean, I'm just saying the two individual games, cumulatively, are 1.4 million even though Capcom, as a company, don't consider them one product. Nevertheless, unlike MMLC1 and 2, XLC1+2 were marketed together. There was a "double pack" option available from the start. They're separate games but go hand in hand in some respect.

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
I mean, I'm just saying the two individual games, cumulatively, are 1.4 million even though Capcom, as a company, don't consider them one product. Nevertheless, unlike MMLC1 and 2, XLC1+2 were marketed together. There was a "double pack" option available from the start. They're separate games but go hand in hand in some respect.

The limited double pack yes. But regardless they aren't counted as one game, so there you go.

Hopefully that new "Taisan"(?) Game they are working on will break through the two million mark. Some here say that's actually their sales goal too.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
I'm fairly confident it'll happen at some point considering MMXLC1+2 sales. Whether or not it's Taisen or a game that will come after is a different story, but Capcom even felt confident enough to add a little tease about "X's story not being over yet" in the Legacy Collection OST. At the absolute least, there's some desire within the company to make it happen.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The answer is that the monkey paw curled and we got X Dive instead. I wish it wasn't the case either.

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
I'm fairly confident it'll happen at some point considering MMXLC1+2 sales. Whether or not it's Taisen or a game that will come after is a different story, but Capcom even felt confident enough to add a little tease about "X's story not being over yet" in the Legacy Collection OST. At the absolute least, there's some desire within the company to make it happen.

I mean they aren't ending Mega Man or X so the story not being over is a given. Unlike say the GBA series which both were officially ended.

Issue with X is it needs to be higher budget than MM11 for a proper new game. We probably won't see a proper new entry for some time. You have Taisen coming up, and they likely want to continue momentum after Mega Man 11 with 12. Then with their other studios focusing on MH, Resident Evil, and likely SF6, among others, there's not much staff left for Mega Man.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
MMX5 was good on it's time.
MMX6 was okay-ish at it's best.
MMX7 was awful, one of the worst games I ever played.
MMX8 was weird.

I don't know what to expect from this series anymore. At best, I'll wait for Megaman X Corrupted that, even for a fangame, shakes the formula of the series decently from what it was showed.
Remember when they made a stage that was literally one miniboss with no animation repeated 5 times in a row?

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia
Remember when they made a stage that was literally one miniboss with no animation repeated 5 times in a row?

As long as you remember the also no animation miniboss In X5 which moved very slowly in a stage you had to revisit three times, and you had to wait for in order for the level to scroll. Who you had to fight 7 times in total.

Lol.