• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Wait clapping after a meal is a thing?

I've also only seen clapping in a movie theater during two movies, and they were both anime, so I just figured that was an anime or nerd thing.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I get that a lot of random stuff gets flagged as "an American thing" for no reason but in what reality would a masturbation method, where masturbation is a uniquely solo activity that people don't particularly like even talking about, be somehow cultural?

May 24, 2019
I get that a lot of random stuff gets flagged as "an American thing" for no reason but in what reality would a masturbation method, where masturbation is a uniquely solo activity that people don't particularly like even talking about, be somehow cultural?

Because the rate isn't ~90% in most other western countries.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Circumcision is definitely a cultural thing and I don't doubt uncircumcised men dont reach for lotion as often as there is less of a need for added lube.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I always wondered about how filthy it gets down there for people who are satisfied cleaning with tissues after cumming.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
So if you're not circumcised it's naturally lubing? Sounds disgusting. Probably all that smegma. Clean your dicks!

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I've always been under the impression that lube was a "depends on the guy" situation worldwide regardless of circumcision status. As in not every uncut guy dry rubs and not every cut guy uses lube. Or some guys like me will do it either way depending on the moment.

Using wet wipes to actually jerk off with, maybe for the messy clean up but never to actually jerk it.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
It's surprising seeing people who never heard of using wet wipes to clean up cum.

Now, using wet wipes to aid in masturbation, yeah, I have never heard of that either.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
We don't clap after meals. Where did you get that one?
False American detected. Americans pledged from 1776 onwards to be grateful for their freedoms and clap after every meal.
tenor.gif

SunhiLegend's legendary GIF as testament to this American tradition.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disapointed in my fellow Americans that are attempting to mislead the rest of the world regarding our well known clapping after meals. There are different claps for different meals for different regions, don't let anyone misinform you.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Its a visual gag accompanying a deed that usually isn't being shown (tissues for cleanup, lotion for help.)

What you are referring to is that your brain has recognized the pattern in American media, same as "jocks, nerds, cheerleaders."

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
We have so many threads about American dudes jacking off on this site that we should have a male masturbation section.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm circumcised, european and I don't use anything. I tried water based lubricants a few times but I didn't like it. It was too slippery. I like to be b.i.t.c.h (as in being in total control of himself). I like precision.

I guess circumcised man who like to rub the head of their penises during masturbation need oil/lubricant. Because that can get painful without it. So it's a combination of technique and circumcision I guess.

Edit: oh and a possible explanation why men are depicted using oil/lubricant in movies could be, please don't attack me on this (i might be stupid here): Jewish man in the movie industry. Aren't (or weren't) many studios dominated by Jewish Producers? Since jewish man are circumcised... using oil/lubricant during masturbation might be considered normal by them.. so that's how it got into movies ... and other studios/producers adapted to that common picture of a masturbating man over time?

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It's got to do with circumcision I think. It's not restricted to the US.

At least with oil and lotion, I don't know about that wet wipes thing lol.

Why would oil/lotion be a circumcision thing?

It's just a lube. People use lube when performing sex acts because it feels good. Masterbation is no different.

Edit: I'm reading through the thread and I'm a bit baffled. Circumsized people do still produce lube naturally, and most will have enough skin to jerk it w/o needing extra lube, BUT sex feels good with lube. The same way I wouldnt prefer a BJ with no saliva, I wouldnt prefer an handi with no lube.

Last edited:

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for the "boys club" lock.

But we're also all bored and locked inside hiding from invisible death so who knows?
From a ladies perspective...shit is boring and soooo repetitive. Coulda done a thread search and found one of the MANY other threads about this EXACT topic and gotten the same answers.

Bare minimum give us a health/hygiene section. 🙏🏾