• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
To the OP, yeah LVC always looked very sinister. But was a great actor.

I know all of us brown kids loved Amrish Puri, but I also loved Amzad Khan. What always weirded me out is how the villains could also portray really good protagonists. I always loved this track from Qurbani (Zeenat Aman in her prime...). I mean 70's Bollywood funk, how can you go wrong. Amzad Khan is the drummer, he is a cop who is undercover!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-7qm4WeH9Q

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
shangtsung-300x225.jpg

Born to play a bad guy.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Which is funny because off-camera Cushing was widely regarded as a lovely, caring, warm man lol.
I feel like that's a disproportionately common statement to be made of typically villainous actors. I wonder if it just gets stated more because of the juxtaposition of their on- and off-screen personas, or if there's some sort of co-relation (such as the actors being more interested in playing those roles specifically because it diverges widely from their nature).

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The Foe himself

RJ8mdHX.jpg

Though despite his looks and a few memorable turns, I've actually seen him play heroic characters more often than villains.

Deleted member 29857

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nah, it's Henry Fonda in 'Once Upon a Time in the West'. He was looking sinister af. Genius casting by Leone.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Any trouble boy?

In recent news, you can get Netanyahu and Bolsonaro in one picture.

Lee Van Cleef doesn't even register when you start considering the shit heels amidst us.

But just actors, Angus "Tall Man" Scrimm and Julian "Reverend Kane" Beck has him beat IMO.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He was apparently a saint, but David Lynch pretty much turned Twin Peaks into a different show to add a role for Frank Silva based purely on how fucking evil and menacing he looks.
latest

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Richard Lynch, thanks in no small part to that facial scarring that resulted from burns during a bad LSD trip was always worth watching. Very charismatic too...always important if your the villain.
Richard-Lynch_2254633b.jpg