• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ledge kill best?

• Yes

Votes: 230 63.7%
  • No

Votes: 131 36.3%

• Total voters

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Yes
OddballZigzagDoe-size_restricted.gif
0sRap5C.gif

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Oh, I have another!
Force choking stormtroopers over a chasm and letting them plunge to their death.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

No kicking or pushing but it gets the job done.

I laughed at this, but I also feel so fucking bad about the writing.

"Stop a person from committing suicide because that will just disturb the peace," says the officer.

Like, this message is messed up, and suicidal thoughts are not a joke.

But yeah, video games I guess.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
It is one kf the best feelings in For Honor unless it happens to me then whoever did it is a tryhard asshat.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
It is very satisfying, but if you lose potential loot because of it it can take away from the fun.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Nothing more satisfying than killing someone in LoL with a long range and/or low damage skill. Like using the Ashe's ult and killing an enemy at the other side of the map or even better, killing someone with the weakass Swain's W skill at range's limit.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Jedi fallen order. Force push plus group of enemies on a ledge. Simply the best.

Or maybe pulling someone over the edge as you climb up from below.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Nah, direct hits with projectile weapons that fire in an arc, like grenade launchers or the Flak Cannon from Unreal.

That said, Tenchu/Shinobido/Sekiro stealth kills are close. One of my main gripes with Ghost of Tsushima is that the stealth kill animations are somehow unsatisfying. Especially the aerial ones are a bit janky in animation too.

Oh, and the Steel on Bone and Obliteration technques in Ninja Gaiden 3. Fuck, that game is cathartic as hell.

Last edited:

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
I also like pushing enemies into stuff, like in hades where you can blast them into walls or traps.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
I think telling two people to just go fight an owlbear and that yeah, I'd totally back them up then leaving the den as soon as they aggroed it was more satisfying.

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Not in games where ennemies drop loot that's for sure.

Ring outs in Virtua Fighters are just the BEST though. Going for it and actually pulling it off... bliss.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
One thing I like about Fenyx is that whenever you kill an enemy you basically yeet them back into the stone age. There's something comical about seeing a 1000lb bear flying off backwards into the horizon when you land the killing blow.

Personally though you can't beat the satisfaction of a stealth headshot with a bow and arrow.

OP
OP
Undrey

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
One thing I like about Fenyx is that whenever you kill an enemy you basically yeet them back into the stone age. There's something comical about seeing a 1000lb bear flying off backwards into the horizon when you land the killing blow.

Personally though you can't beat the satisfaction of a stealth headshot with a bow and arrow.
That sounds hilarious. Like a modern version of Crash Bandicoot's yeeting.

DisHonored has so many, but this by far is the most satisfying. *chef's kiss*
Okay killing a motherfucker with their own weapon is up there as well. That was always great in the early Assassin's Creed games as well.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not fun or creative enough, my top 3 are:

1. Counterattack after a parry, especially if it's difficult to perform (like Sekiro deathblows)
2. Throwing/kicking a fool into wall spikes or laser wire.
3. Mind controlling an enemy and making them kill themselves.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dying light might have done it best in terms of kicking enemies down fron high places. The way their skulls crush if they land just right due to mushy zombie bodies is just... ooo mama.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Dying Light is the best version of this I have come across. Once you unlock the drop kick, it never gets old to drop kick zombies off the top of buildings and watching them fall.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
In For Honor, it's possibly the lamest.

In general it's a pretty good feeling, but in For Honor it feels like ringouts negate a fair fight. Some characters have significant advantages at ringing out than others, and some stages played into those advantages making them very unbalanced. One hit or throw could kill you.

The novelty of ringing out wears out quick when it comes at the cost of competitive balance.

Theanine

Oct 3, 2020
I love doing this in Paladins using the champion Torvald. His ultimate move is an energy blast that can send the entire opposing team flying if aimed and timed properly. It can literally turn the entire match around for your team if pulled off. Certain maps were practically designed around it. lol