• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
It's ridiculously clear to see who all haven't actually even seen the tweet in the OP and are just replying to the title?
The best thing is they're trying to be smart asses, lol

Pepin

Oct 27, 2017
London
I just started playing gerudo valley and it's more than just a case of a simple chord progression. The individual notes are played the same, the "clapping", the tempo. He pretty much jacked the bg music lol. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Dj unique jacked the intro music from eternal champions for Bone's "eternal" and whoever produced hellbound for Eminem just used Cervantes' theme from soul Calibur.

It's okay to say the guy who's literal claim to fame was sampling *gasp* sampled.

Edit: didn't realize this was overlayed in the tweet. I still stand by it not being strange or unlikely that this is originated from the bg music.

TIL Eminem did a verse over Soul Calibur, that's awesome

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Kanye likes Blazing Lazers and said it was the best TurboGrafx-16 game.

What do you y'all think? I don't think it is the best shmup on the system, I like Gate of Thunder best tho it is derivative. I'm going to be a filthy casual and give my vote to Dracula X.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna listen to fucking Kanye just to find out but maybe someone might respond since everybody seems to be in on this... is that the Zelda melody played next to the song in the video (in which case, most likely just a coincidence as people say) or is the actual melody part of the song (in which case, no way in hell is that a coincidence)? I'm guessing the former but you never know...

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Not gonna listen to fucking Kanye just to find out but maybe someone might respond since everybody seems to be in on this... is that the Zelda melody played next to the song in the video (in which case, most likely just a coincidence as people say) or is the actual melody part of the song (in which case, no way in hell is that a coincidence)? I'm guessing the former but you never know...
It's played along side, the original just has the same chord progression.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda reaching here, the chord progression is similiar but a lot of songs have the same progression

Oct 25, 2017
Kanye-e3_FEAT.jpg

I believe he sampled Gerudo's Valley

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Hyrule's original religion was Christianity before Western censorship made them retcon it, Kanye is a true hardcore fan to know this & reference it, or he just lifted it.

Oct 25, 2017
That's obviously a coincidence, but it's honestly very likely Kanye was a fan of early Zelda at least considering I believe he tried to make video games, or at least concept them, before he really got into music

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Gerudo Valley is one of my fav zelda songs, but oh boy those Hallelujah were cringe as heck, horrible song.

Oh boy, how I wish we could ban religion worldwide.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Yup. Plus he had another track on Chances album with a Zelda sample on "we go high".
Lol...
Then why do you even want to know anything about it?

Last edited:

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Was Michael Jackson an Al Bano* fan?

*a 1970s italian singer which right now in Italy is kind of a meme and for marrying Tyron Power's daughter, but actually won a lawsuit against Jacko for stealing one of his song.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's too early in the morning for me to understand things obviously

Last edited: