• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is better

• Montana

Votes: 136 23.1%
  • Brady

Votes: 452 76.9%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As far as Greatest Quarterback of All-Time goes, Montana is the only one who I think can give Brady a run for his money at the title.

Imagine if he played today. The stats he'd put up. It'd be unreal.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Brady wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as he did if he played in Montana's era.

I think this is pretty much how I feel. The rules and game are pretty different. Hell, some rules changed because of Brady. Then there's spygate, deflategate etc. Tom is an amazing talent, but those things mar his accomplishments to me.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Brady put up a better resume and when you're comparing players across eras that's all you have to go on. It's obviously Brady.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I think this is pretty much how I feel. The rules and game are pretty different. Hell, some rules changed because of Brady. Then there's spygate, deflategate etc. Tom is an amazing talent, but those things mar his accomplishments to me.
they literally changed the hitting below knees after Pollard blew Brady's knee up.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I'm a massive Brady hater and I don't know how you can even compare him to Brady. 7 rings vs 4 rings. It's not even close.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brady is the Greatest by far and it is not even close

Brady is by no means the most talented though

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Brady is the greatest NFL QB ever. Def not the best athlete in that position but nobody compares to him. I remember hearing Max call him ARod and Jeter rolled into one, he has the championships and the numbers.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
No not at all. There was a case when Brady was still with the Pats (crediting Belichick for success) but his last year with the Bucs was MVP caliber and that was already after he won a ring with them.

Brady's reached an untouchable territory the last 2 years.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
tenor.gif

Jun 10, 2018
All of this is evened out when you factor in Montana played in the pre-salary cap era.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
This question depends on whether or not the person asking me is a fan of Tom Brady.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
how many super bowls did Montana win with the Kansas city chiefs?

Bill Walsh's system qb with Jerry Rice's stickum gloves is not anywhere near the real GOAT

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Montana had a stacked offense and a coach that revolutionized offenses by bringing the west coast offense to the 49ers when he was hired on as their head coach. Montana also never lost a Super Bowl.

It's impossible to say because rules and the game were very different between Montana's era and Brady's era. I would say that Montana was the best of his time 80s-00s, and Brady was the best between 01-21.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Brady's career from 2000-2011 and Brady's career from 2012-2021 were both better than Joe Montana's entire career.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I am not going to argue who's better but it's a diffierent game today..
Brady would have died from this hit..
That hit is a flag in today's game..

Brady played in an era where all the rules favored the offense, today's game has too many rules protecting QB, 2008 when Brady got hit low and tore his ACL, the cunts that run the NFL made a rule about hitting a QB low, while he's in the pocket..hahahahaha

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
There are a few QBs who were more skilled than Tom Brady.

There are zero players who are as good of a quarterback as Tom Brady.

Brady had 2 hall of fame careers in 2 different eras if you turn him into 2 players.

May 14, 2021
No one ever really answers what Brady DOES better than Montana, in on the field talent.
Higher completion rate despite almost never having top tier WRs, more yards, more TDs, more clutch wins, more SBs obviously. Montana never lost a SB though, but he lost before getting to a SB more often than Brady. When Brady did have a top tier WR he blew the doors off Montanas best season.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Rings = Brady

Arm strength = Joe

Preparation = Brady

Talent, making plays and football IQ = Brady

Better Team player/leader= Brady

Video games = Joe

Level of opponents = Debatable

Better dresser = Brady

Cooler = Joe

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
These debates always come down to one question: "who would you rather have as your franchise quarterback?" Anybody not saying Brady is lying to themselves.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Brady doing what he did with free agency and a salary cap makes him better than Montana, imo

It'd be cool to see what Montana could do with a league more friendly to QBs but it was harder for the Pats to build their dynasty than it was for the 49ers.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly the empty platitude I expect, but it's not good enough.

So by that logic, Cam Newton is better than Brady?

I can name some things if you wish though

-Training
-Diet
-Practice
-Studying game film
-Getting rid of the ball to avoid being hit
-Reading defenses
-Going through progressions quickly

Arm Strength is but a fraction of what is needed to be a great quarterback.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
It's Brady and it hasn't been close for quite awhile.

Joe was in the pre-salary cap era.

Tom played in the pro offense and QB protection era.