• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Last night eating out with a friend I was eating a burger with onion rings and he kept telling me I was weird for taking a couple bites of my burger set it down and then eating a couple onion rings and repeat.. He thinks everyone should eat one thing at a time and its the side dish first and then main. what yall do? lol

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think either way is weird.

But, I've usually a one-bit-at-a-time kind of guy. If I get a burger and fries, it's always fries first, then the burger.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If it's all on the same plate it's all meant to be eaten at the same time.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
First I want to say eat how you want.

But I personally either eat one thing at a time, or depending on the food just mix it all into one mush. Don't have time to be picking and choosing.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
My friend eats his fries first before his burger. I always found that weird, as to me fries enhance the burger.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My cousin is weird like that but also he takes it up further

Like say we have chicken/fish/ curry whatever and rice

He will eat the dish first by itself then he will eat the rice alll plain by itself ..it annoys me

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's your food, eat how you want.

For me it depends on the food. If something is much better warm/hot than it is cooled down (steamed veggies for me) I'll eat that first. Otherwise I'll usually mix stuff up to get a nice mix of flavor.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Never pay any attention to either the food- or the fashion police. These are terrible people.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you right OP. I prefer eating mix. Gives flavor variety throughout the meal and they're all at best temps. Especially fries, they go lukewarm fast.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
If I eat a burger and fries - take a bite out of the burger and get fries dunk it in ketchup and bite that

BlueKaty

Nov 30, 2020
Yes eating the sides first so the main meal is cold by the time you finish them is always the best way to go!

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Your friend is a weirdo

The best way to eat is to mix up what you're eating IMO

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last night eating out with a friend I was eating a burger with onion rings and he kept telling me I was weird for taking a couple bites of my burger set it down and then eating a couple onion rings and repeat.. He thinks everyone should eat one thing at a time and its the side dish first and then main. what yall do? lol
your friend is a bigger weirdo for eating things in any kind of order. Taking different bites of different elements is the best part of eating.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
What's weird is thinking there's one way to eat.... And it's how you eat😬

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

That's how I eat too. Some burger, some fries.

I have a friend who doesn't like it when food touches other food on the plate so she starts her meal by moving everything. Everyone is different.

Aug 10, 2019
Dare yourself to be weird. When everything is all said and done, would you rather do what felt natural to you, or not feel judged through complacency..

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the only one in my household of four that eats main/sides at the same time. Bite after bite. Everyone else might grab a bite from the main, but then moves on to the sides completely. Then deals with the main if they feel like it.

Oct 27, 2017
Veggies go cold fast and are gross that way so I always eat them first

Starchy sides I kind of eat alongside the burger / sandwich / whatever

Come to think of it I think I roughly prioritize in terms of temperature lol

Nov 9, 2017
I save the best part of the meal for last usually. Doesn't mean I have to eat sides in order though. I do usually finish my salad and veggies first however.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
I did the "one thing at a time" as a kid with food I didn't like, and just wanted to get it over with and on to the good stuff. Unfortunately, that made my parents think I really enjoyed the nasty food.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Fries first, about a quarter of them go into the burger, then the burger. This is the way.

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
I eat them together, as I think that's the point of a side. Although doesn't bother me if people do their own thing.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I think of sides as the "mid-card" of food. I eat the sides first and then save the main event for last.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife tells me off if I have a sandwich & crisps for lunch and eat the crisps first, or switch to crisps while there's still some sandwich, but we'd both eat chips alongside/before a burger.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Not weird at all, I usually finish the main first but I'll have a few chips or an onion ring as a wee chaser beforehand. Nowt weird there. But caring about the order someone else eats their food in? Definite weirdo.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
When eating my priority is always "what won't reheat well" and I eat that first. The usually means the side dishes.