• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + The Golden Torna DLC, 323 hours in total.

I find myself imagining things here and there, sometimes lucid dreams, sometimes, it's just me daydreaming.

And then nostalgia kicks in, and I'm like, imagining making huge combo breaking attacks and button combinations.

Ahhhhh, the game is so good. Too good, because it's addicting to hit 999,999 attack points in every single Chain Attacks.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. It's very possible to feel nostalgia for things you didn't experience young or perhaps didn't even experience at all.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
"Warm fuzzies" might be a better way of putting it. Xenoblade 2 is like a cherished friend by the time the credits roll. Only fondness here!

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't you can feel nostalgic FOR a game you first played only recently, but you can feel nostalgic BECAUSE OF a game you first played only recently.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I remember hearing Zelda: Ocarina of Time's soundtrack playing in my head while in class. That was 20+ years ago. The game really resonated with me in a particular way. I think you might be living a similar moment with Xeno 2.

Nov 8, 2017
I get where you are coming from but I'm not sure if you are using the word right. That said, I think you can feel nostalgic about something fairly recently - but I'd say more time needs to pass to meet the definition. A year ago I played Nier Automata and only now I feel like I could say I'm nostalgic when thinking about it. But even that is very recent in memory and some might argue it doesn't apply.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes @ this thread, OP. Wow I'm feeling second hand embarrassment. Yikesey yikesy OOF. OOOOOOOOOOOOF!

YIKES.